Lellyit00009
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m really interested in history and always have been but did not choose it as an Alevel. I cant think of anything else that i would most like to study but have left myself in a predicament as a lot of university courses require you to have done history at alevel in order to study it. Does anyone know any university’s that would accept me without a history Alevel and which ones are the best for it?
notsmartenough45
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi
I'm not sure where you are based around the UK but Queens University Belfast doesn't require a level history. I'll list the undergraduate History courses and their entry requirements below:
History (BA HONS)- 3 years-ABB
History and International Relations (BA)- 3 years-ABB
History and Philosophy (BA)-3 years-ABB
History and Politics (BA)-3 years-ABB
History and Sociology (BA)- 3 years- BBB
None of these courses have specific a level requirements
Queens is also a Russel Group University and apparently Belfast is the cheapest area in the UK to study in
Good luck for applying!!!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lellyit00009)
I’m really interested in history and always have been but did not choose it as an Alevel. I cant think of anything else that i would most like to study but have left myself in a predicament as a lot of university courses require you to have done history at alevel in order to study it. Does anyone know any university’s that would accept me without a history Alevel and which ones are the best for it?
There are several but you'll have to do a fair amount of digging to go through every university that offers history. To be honest, most of those that don't require history at A-level won't have great reputations for the subject.

An alternative approach would be to apply for degrees such as combined honours, liberal arts etc and focus on history within them. There might also be joint honours history degrees that don't require A-level history.
Last edited by ageshallnot; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.79%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.1%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.29%
Finding the motivation (43)
30.07%
Getting distracted (20)
13.99%
Procrastination (53)
37.06%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.7%

Watched Threads