Can introverts and ambiverts date?

Watch
Remei
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I find shy, quiet guys extremely hard to open up, text and even talk on their own. I'm a mix of both, reclining more on introvert but definitely not quiet or shy but I LOVE my ME time, solitude and peace.
However, I also like communicating , texting and talking. Which I find it extremely difficult to do with an introvert and quiet guy.

What can I do? I don't really like extroverts as they are too loud and way too social which is draining for me but introverts are equally hard
Last edited by Remei; 4 days ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Yes.
I've dated quite a few of each.
Remei
Rep:
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I've dated quite a few of each.
But it's so hard. They don't even initiate anything
Doomotron
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Remei)
But it's so hard. They don't even initiate anything
Then you need to. In the right circumstances an introvert will open up, but only if they're comfortable around you. It takes time to build that trust, so stick with it.
Remei
Rep:
(Original post by Doomotron)
Then you need to. In the right circumstances an introvert will open up, but only if they're comfortable around you. It takes time to build that trust, so stick with it.
But that's like waiting and living in a world where you don't even know if they like you
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I'm afraid to ask but what is an "ambivert"??
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
It's an extrovert who wants to identify as an introvert to be edgy :lol:
Remei
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Mix of both, introvert and extrovert
Remei
Rep:
(Original post by Callicious)
It's an extrovert who wants to identify as an introvert to be edgy :lol:
No. Its basically an introvert but not completely shy or quiet
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Remei)
No. Its basically an introvert but not completely shy or quiet
No one is entirely introverted or extroverted- it's a spectrum. An extrovert can have introvert qualities, and an introvert can have extrovert qualities- we're all grey in that respect: not all black or white. This definition has been baked in right from the start of this whole extrovert-introvert philosophy.

Ambivert gives a definition to somewhere in the middle, but personally I've found most so-called ambiverts to just be extroverts who seek to cut themselves off the norm of their friendship circles. Anecdotal sure, but, I do still find it quite a delight to poke fun at them
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Remei)
Mix of both, introvert and extrovert
Isn't that just...average humans?
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Yes. You need to understand that not all guys will be open at first..I'm mostly an introvert. At first, a girl would assume I'm shy and quiet, once we talk regularly, I become confident, and almost a different person. Basically, it shouldn't be a deciding factor. However, some do take their introversion too far, seems to be the case with the guy here
Remei
Rep:
(Original post by Callicious)
No one is entirely introverted or extroverted- it's a spectrum. An extrovert can have introvert qualities, and an introvert can have extrovert qualities- we're all grey in that respect: not all black or white. This definition has been baked in right from the start of this whole extrovert-introvert philosophy.

Ambivert gives a definition to somewhere in the middle, but personally I've found most so-called ambiverts to just be extroverts who seek to cut themselves off the norm of their friendship circles. Anecdotal sure, but, I do still find it quite a delight to poke fun at them
Not entirely true. I'm an ambivert and I find large social groups exhausting. I really need to go away to recharge because its so draining. Whereas my extrovert friend can keep her shenanigans all night without any issues
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads