I don’t know if I am an apple to apply to dentistry with these a level and gcse grade

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I am a bit sceptical in applying to dentistry this is because of my gcse grades and I am confused because my a level grades are good.

I am predicted for a levels
Chemistry- A*
Biology- A
Classics- A*

And my gcse grades are

French- 8
History- 6
Classics-7
Science- 5,5
Maths-4
English Lang and lit- 5
Re-5
L34hhh
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
if the university you’re applying for doesn’t have any specific requirements about gcse, I think you’ll be fine
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To apply to dentistry you need high gcse
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
your science and maths gcses are too low i think
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Idk what apples have to do with dentistry but I'll try to answer the rest of your questions.
You've already posted a thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7133723 which should answer your questions. In short, you will have to resit your maths and English language GCSE to at least a 6. I would recommend aiming for a 7 in maths to meet the requirements of Bristol which has a 100% UCAT weighing and doesn't weigh GCSE's. You will need a high UCAT score to be able to avoid GCSE heavy schools like Cardiff, Liverpool, Birmingham etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads