Sciatica healing but still cramps / spasms in my leg and foot

Watch
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I had Sciatica for the last 6 weeks and now it's getting better. However I still have spasms and cramps in my leg which are there.

I am standing for many hours as I have a standing area for Work but still get the cramps and spasms despite taking painkillers every 4 hours prescribed by my GP.

Would i need to go back to my GP or should I find another solution?

I've been discharged from Physiotherapy after having a few sessions which included Acupuncture which helped and the numbness is healing still.
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Call your GP and ask for advice - if they think it’s something concerning they’ll look at you again.
anonymous789123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JVM2020)
I had Sciatica for the last 6 weeks and now it's getting better. However I still have spasms and cramps in my leg which are there.

I am standing for many hours as I have a standing area for Work but still get the cramps and spasms despite taking painkillers every 4 hours prescribed by my GP.

Would i need to go back to my GP or should I find another solution?

I've been discharged from Physiotherapy after having a few sessions which included Acupuncture which helped and the numbness is healing still.
Were you ever told what caused the sciatica ? Ie biomechanics or structural
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I was told sitting too long was the cause
anonymous789123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by JVM2020)
I was told sitting too long was the cause
Biomechanical then. A doctor will have no idea what to do, they will just refer and prescribe medication. There isn't a quick fix, plenty full movement (don't protect movements due to fear of pain) and don't 'do nothing, because it hurts' because its only get worse. You can spend weeks looking for long medical reasons, and people often do, because it gives 'a proper reason' that won't be correct. Functional hip / Low back strengthening, stabilising and flexibility. Just change your daily habits abit, to move more, through full joint movements. Honestly don't look for someone else to fix you like medication, a good physio will educate well, and guide you to where you need to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads