Fxsr
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Guys I just came out of my exam and wrote more than 750 words in my essay, probably around 785 and I don’t know whats going to happen. Anyone who did the same and is now in uni can you please tell me your experience!!
Lexxxxxxio
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fxsr)
Guys I just came out of my exam and wrote more than 750 words in my essay, probably around 785 and I don’t know whats going to happen. Anyone who did the same and is now in uni can you please tell me your experience!!
Different unis put more weight to the multiple choice(Oxford) other unis look more closely at the essay(UCL). I did not write enough in my essay at all and it was awful lol- I did get an interview at Oxford but rejected from ucl and now I’m at kings. I imagine if they mark it like university essays they’ll do some kind of penalties because you went over or more likely the rest of the essay will be cut off at the 750 mark- which would only be like your last couple sentences tbf. I’m just speculating really but what’s done is done and you wrote a lot more than I did I really wouldn’t worry about it.
Fxsr
Rep:
(Original post by Lexxxxxxio)
Different unis put more weight to the multiple choice(Oxford) other unis look more closely at the essay(UCL). I did not write enough in my essay at all and it was awful lol- I did get an interview at Oxford but rejected from ucl and now I’m at kings. I imagine if they mark it like university essays they’ll do some kind of penalties because you went over or more likely the rest of the essay will be cut off at the 750 mark- which would only be like your last couple sentences tbf. I’m just speculating really but what’s done is done and you wrote a lot more than I did I really wouldn’t worry about it.
I’m also so unsure about if I even really want to do law. Everyone says they see me in that field but to be honest, I don’t enjoy or have a passion for anything that I would want to do in any job so I’m so lost. If I do then I would want to be a corporate lawyer but I’m really lost. I’m not sure if it’s the best to take a gap year to find experience in the law field or if it is a waste of time
Lexxxxxxio
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fxsr)
I’m also so unsure about if I even really want to do law. Everyone says they see me in that field but to be honest, I don’t enjoy or have a passion for anything that I would want to do in any job so I’m so lost. If I do then I would want to be a corporate lawyer but I’m really lost. I’m not sure if it’s the best to take a gap year to find experience in the law field or if it is a waste of time
Definitely finding what you enjoy is most important. It’s a pretty challenging degree so you’ll probably need to find it interesting to succeed in it and want to put the time in. I’m still abit confused as it what I want (I don’t think anyone actually knows their life plan) but I like it so far. I did take a gap and I did some work experience in the legal field and that definitely helped me. Degrees are also a lot of money so it’s kinda a big commitment if you’re unsure. Nothing wrong with taking some time to explore different options! Success is totally subjective it’s all about what’s important to you and what makes you happy!
Fxsr
Rep:
(Original post by Lexxxxxxio)
Definitely finding what you enjoy is most important. It’s a pretty challenging degree so you’ll probably need to find it interesting to succeed in it and want to put the time in. I’m still abit confused as it what I want (I don’t think anyone actually knows their life plan) but I like it so far. I did take a gap and I did some work experience in the legal field and that definitely helped me. Degrees are also a lot of money so it’s kinda a big commitment if you’re unsure. Nothing wrong with taking some time to explore different options! Success is totally subjective it’s all about what’s important to you and what makes you happy!
Are you still in uni? And what kind of experience did you do or get? And do you have any tips in trying to get experience? I want a gap year to maybe explore my options and get experience but I don’t want to waste my time when some people say I could be doing it now nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.87%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.09%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.61%
Finding the motivation (22)
23.91%
Getting distracted (14)
15.22%
Procrastination (37)
40.22%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.09%

Watched Threads