A Level Lit - are translated texts allowed?

Watch
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I study OCR A Level English Literature and I was wondering whether you are allowed to talk about literary talks translated into English in Paper 1 (the one where you study a set of texts, like Dystopian, Gothic, texts written by women...). Because in the other paper (poetry & drama) one of the texts is Ibsen’s ‘A Doll’s House’ — and Ibsen was Norwegian — so if you can study a translated text in the other paper than does the exam board apply that to the other paper too?
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
If you read the spec https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171200...ature-h472.pdf (or just search for 'translation' in it as I did) it says you can't study texts in translation for the NEA but it doesn't mention anything about it in Content of Comparative and contextual study (Component 02) so I guess you can.
Last edited by EOData; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
9.09%
Okay (6)
27.27%
A bit lacking (7)
31.82%
Not good at all (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads