Tigertomo
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi All,

I have always been led to believe that this is a shortage subject and the schools (secondary) are crying out for CS teachers, I know I am a bit early in the cycle t present, but i was looking at this last year and within 50 miles of my location (in the west midlands) there seems to be a scarcity of these roles.

So is Computer Science a bit of a black hole with lots of demand and little supply (what I am told) or is it the opposite, lots of supply and little demand (the reality I am seeing)

I am coming up to the end of my first placement and I am getting a little concerned that i won't be able to find a role at the end, and thus run out of money to support my family. Or maybe i would be better to change my PGCE to a true shortage subject (not sure if I can!).

Is it just a case that I need to have more patience and wait until Feb or march next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads