Does ur personal statement and teachers reference mean a lot to unis than the grades?

Watch
Catdogfish12
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
HII I am start uni next year and I’m just curious with that question because I’m slightly worried if I miss one grade off, so for English lit at uni of Edinburgh the requirements is AAAA OR AABB but I’m wondering will my reference and ps will help or anything I’m not sure
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Your thread title suggests that you're somewhere between the two? 😆
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Your thread title suggests that you're somewhere between the two? 😆
it is certainly an unfortunate autocorrect!
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
I laughed so hard I had snot bubbles! 😆
Catdogfish12
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Yes it is thank you 😭 I hope it hasn’t caused any confusion
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
In answer to the original question ... if the uni specifies required grades and your predictions are lower then it would take an amazing reference/personal statement to overcome that and they may not even read them because of the grades.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I've corrected the thread title to save everyone's blushes
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Different Unis/courses put different weightings on the various aspects of an application - but as above, an amazing PS will not make up for not meeting the minimum entry requirements.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
I've corrected the thread title to save everyone's blushes
Spoilsport! 😆
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Spoilsport! 😆
Well we couldn't top your first reply, so where else could we have gone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (133)
33.67%
Yes - a trusted person (106)
26.84%
No (104)
26.33%
I'm not sure (52)
13.16%

Watched Threads