there's a rumour going around about me @ school

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
People think i've kissed this guy, and i haven't and if the guy hears, i'm screwed, because we've been really good friends, we just don't talk as much anymore. And there was another rumour previously that went around saying that I was stealing this girl's boyfriend, but we were also good friends. In fact, I kissed the girl's boyfriend (after they broke up of course) though I still can't tell anyone that. And all these rumours are having a deteriorating effect on my mental health.

How do I get around this? and what do you suggest I do about these rumours, do I talk to the people who spread them, or shall i go to my head of year and tell them what's happening?

thanks so much guys in advance xx
Zainab29
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
if its affecting your mental health that much talk to your HOY but as long as you know and your friends arnt being ***** to you **** everyone else

you have the support of your frineds and your own self confidence you dont need to listen to whatever ******** anyone else is saying
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zainab29)
if its affecting your mental health that much talk to your HOY but as long as you know and your friends arnt being ***** to you **** everyone else

you have the support of your frineds and your own self confidence you dont need to listen to whatever ******** anyone else is saying
i've lost all of my friends bc of these rumours
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
The rumour is believable because of your reputation. You won't spend your entire life in school anyways but try not to give the impression that you kiss a lot of ramdom people.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
The rumour is believable because of your reputation. You won't spend your entire life in school anyways but try not to give the impression that you kiss a lot of ramdom people.
i don't have that kind of 'reputation' tho. Everyone knows me as the smart pretty girl. Im not part of the 'popular' group, in fact they are the people spreading these damn rumours about me!
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i don't have that kind of 'reputation' tho. Everyone knows me as the smart pretty girl. Im not part of the 'popular' group, in fact they are the people spreading these damn rumours about me!
Tell your friends that it didn't happen (and possibly teachers if it gets serious). Popular people in school like to stir up drama for no reason.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads