Was short 10 pounds on the till!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yesterday was my first day on the till and I was short 10 pound I have no idea how I was short that much. The manager was really annoyed and I feel really bad. I made sure not to give out the wrong change today and my till wasn’t short, but I can’t help but feel like she hates me now. She said that I lost more than how much they usually lose in a year.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
It looks like you just made one mistake - not ideal but there you go. She won't hate you but she might have had to do extra paperwork. Just try and not make a mistake again
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yesterday was my first day on the till and I was short 10 pound I have no idea how I was short that much. The manager was really annoyed and I feel really bad. I made sure not to give out the wrong change today and my till wasn’t short, but I can’t help but feel like she hates me now. She said that I lost more than how much they usually lose in a year.
The last comment doesn’t seem exactly right coming from someone also working in retail 😂 Just keep doing what you did today and you’ll be grand. She’s probably just stressed about other things in general.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ciaralb)
The last comment doesn’t seem exactly right coming from someone also working in retail 😂 Just keep doing what you did today and you’ll be grand. She’s probably just stressed about other things in general.
Okay thank you! do you know by any chance what they could do other than fire me? She told me if I go short on the till again she’ll have to contact HR, now I’m paranoid everytime I’m on the tills that I’ve given the wrong change. I have another job so it’s not like I need this job however I don’t want them to think I’m stealing or something cos that’s how they’re treating me at the moment.
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Did you work that till the entire day - no breaks? If anyone else operated that till at any point they couldn't even be sure it was your mistake.

It is your duty to be careful but no one is perfect.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Did you work that till the entire day - no breaks? If anyone else operated that till at any point they couldn't even be sure it was your mistake.

It is your duty to be careful but no one is perfect.
Okay thank you! I don’t think anyone went on my till that day. do you know by any chance what they could do other than fire me? She told me if I go short on the till again she’ll have to contact HR, now I’m paranoid everytime I’m on the tills that I’ve given the wrong change. I have another job so it’s not like I need this job however I don’t want them to think I’m stealing or something cos that’s how they’re treating me at the moment.
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
There really isn't much else they can do. I have heard of stories in the past about people being required to make up the shortfall but I suspect that this sort of thing is not allowed any more. Just concentrate so it doesn't happen again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.59%
Okay (113)
29.27%
A bit lacking (145)
37.56%
Not good at all (91)
23.58%

Watched Threads