Sparklemist
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Guys, someone please help..
So I currently take 4-Alevels and my predicted/ UCAS grades are ACCE I am doing an EPQ. But honestly the workload has been stressful. So the head of academics suggested that I should focus on my subjects since i'm in my final year and dropping is kinda late and improve on them. But, during my mocks I didn't do as well so the EPQ was always something I wanted to rest on. Know I'm confused the head of the EPQ team stated why I even took 4-Alevels since she stated it's not just about enjoying but how well you get in them so I understand what she thinks I should stick with the EPQ. I'm really stressed and confused I don't know what to do.
I know that i need to work extremely hard to improve my grades and my aim is to meet my predictions.

Also one uni that I really want to go to stated that grades CCC are required for the course. It's a foundation year and so yes my predicted grades align with them which is good. But I'm worried they won't accept me since the E is in Biology and I have gotten a few grades below and when they look at my academic record I feel they will heavly judge me on this, since the course is science heavy. someone plz help, i'm so lost and confused
Last edited by Sparklemist; 4 days ago
pdbh32
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
drop biology
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sparklemist)
Guys, someone please help..
So I currently take 4-Alevels and my predicted/ UCAS grades are ACCE I am doing an EPQ. But honestly the workload has been stressful. So the head of academics suggested that I should focus on my subjects since i'm in my final year and dropping is kinda late and improve on them. But, during my mocks I didn't do as well so the EPQ was always something I wanted to rest on. Know I'm confused the head of the EPQ team stated why I even took 4-Alevels since she stated it's not just about enjoying but how well you get in them so I understand what she thinks I should stick with the EPQ. I'm really stressed and confused I don't know what to do.
I know that i need to work extremely hard to improve my grades and my aim is to meet my predictions.

Also one uni that I really want to go to stated that grades CCC are required for the course. It's a foundation year and so yes my predicted grades align with them which is good. But I'm worried they won't accept me since the E is in Biology and I have gotten a few grades below and when they look at my academic record I feel they will heavly judge me on this, since the course is science heavy. someone plz help, i'm so lost and confused
Drop Biology. Drop the EPQ.

You need to ensure that you get at least ACC. If either of the C grade subjects achieve even one grade lower then you may not even get onto the CCC course. Prioritise doing as well you can in three subjects
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
As above - ignore your school.
You only need three A level grades for any UK University - and if doing an extra A level, EPQ etc etc means you risk those three grades, its a total waste of time. It could cost you a Uni place.

Drop Biology, drop the EPQ. Focus on the other three subjects.
And dont waste a choice on a Foundation course.
Sparklemist
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys. thank you for the response. The foundation course is science-orientated which is why I stuck with Biology, but planning on dropping the EPQ.
pdbh32
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sparklemist)
... The foundation course is science-orientated ...
To be blunt, who cares? You are predicted an E, and predictions tend to exceed realisations... Drop it, focus on your other papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
12%
Okay (7)
28%
A bit lacking (7)
28%
Not good at all (8)
32%

Watched Threads