Is it 'slutty' for a girl to send nudes?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Why are you sending them to someone you aren't dating? I don't think it's slutty it's just weird. Are they unsolicited pictures?
They're not unsolicited, CoochieMan. We just kind of sext for fun, the guy has also sent me pictures (nothing um, explicit). My pictures have included everything except the main thing and my face.

Not sure if you've seen my comment above already but the main reason I've done it is just as a kind of sexual outlet in some way, since I'm a virgin and don't want to go and sleep around. I only see myself sleeping with someone I'm in a relationship with and I'm not into the idea of casual sex. So, I kind of just sext as another, more 'safe' way to get insight into some of that sexual experience... If that makes any kind of sense at all.
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They're not unsolicited, CoochieMan. We just kind of sext for fun, the guy has also sent me pictures (nothing um, explicit). My pictures have included everything except the main thing and my face.

Not sure if you've seen my comment above already but the main reason I've done it is just as a kind of sexual outlet in some way, since I'm a virgin and don't want to go and sleep around. I only see myself sleeping with someone I'm in a relationship with and I'm not into the idea of casual sex. So, I kind of just sext as another, more 'safe' way to get insight into some of that sexual experience... If that makes any kind of sense at all.
That does make sense. If you feel comfortable doing that kinda thing then go ahead. You shouldn't care about what other people think. No matter how you explain it to others they won't understand it in the same way you two understand it so if you think it's appropriate (and you're above 16/whatever the age of consent is in your country) go ahead
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
I’d say that ‘slutty’ is just a stupid term anyway. Like men can sleep around and send **** pics, often unsolicited, and no one cares! But if a women does it it’s ‘slutty’? I think those opinions are just outdated really.
If you send nudes to someone you like/ are talking to, that’s not really an issue imo. It’s INCREDIBLY common!! I genuinely think a large percentage of people in the western world aged 18-25 have probably sent some form of nude.
I agree that’s it’s risky because nudes getting leaked is very traumatising but ultimately I don’t agree that it’s the sender’s fault if that happens. Yes, not sending any nudes would avoid this happening, but equally people having decency and respect would also stop it happening
Realistically, it’s just a human body at the end of the day. We all have one.. It’s almost weird that it’s such a stigma in the first place.
But I’m answer to your question, no, I don’t think it makes you slutty and I also don’t think being slutty is even a worthwhile concept anymore.
I’d say ultimately, people sell nudes/ have only fans and make loads of money and I don’t even think they should be looked down on in any way.
But sending a handful of nudes like you have is almost expected these days. It’s not remotely uncommon and I whilst I agree with people that nudes being leaked is a potential worry, being considered slutty definitely shouldn’t be!
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
I'm a girl.
I don't like the word 'slut'. I think it's very inappropriate, lack of self-respect.

Plus if you're going to do it for a random person, you might as well make money off it -.- So it's stupid in that sense too
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I don't think it's useful to describe anything as "slutty". Just hurtful.

I don't think there's anything morally wrong with sending (solicited) nudes to a person whether you're in a relationship or not. But I think it's basically always a terrible idea. It gives them a lot of power to ruin your life by publishing them if and when you're not on such good terms. And there's always the possibility that their device will be hacked, lost, or stolen and they'll end up in the hands of someone you don't even know.
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
No - just be 18 sending to another 18 in a safe situation.
Last edited by ciaralb; 4 days ago
dymphna.
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Why? And are you a girl or a guy

What if the nude-sender is a virgin (i.e. me) and has never done anything with a guy before?
im a girl

i just dont see how a girl letting a guy shes not with see her naked can be seen as not slutty
and any guy that would use you to get off isnt worthy of seeing any part of you, youre worth so much more love!!

plus i would highly highly recommend not doing it for your own safety.. i know wayy too many girls who had their nudes leaked, it can happen to anyone!
Surnia
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Would a girl like this be a 'slut' in your eyes?
She could be labelled a criminal. How old are you and the recipient?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by dymphna.)
im a girl

i just dont see how a girl letting a guy shes not with see her naked can be seen as not slutty
and any guy that would use you to get off isnt worthy of seeing any part of you, youre worth so much more love!!

plus i would highly highly recommend not doing it for your own safety.. i know wayy too many girls who had their nudes leaked, it can happen to anyone!
I completely agree that she’s worth more if it’s all he wants from her! And about her safety, but it’s also important to realise that whilst not sending them is safer, if they are leaked it’s 100% not her fault for sending them, I think that mindset is dangerous
Anonymous #5
Report 4 days ago
I've never included my face in the few nudes I've ever taken.
you kinda dont have to. some people can recognize you for different things. I recognized a person online because of their figure and how they walked. then confirmed because they had their face in pics. but still.
Pat Phelan
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I'm a guy and I send people nudes. I'm not in a relationship but that doesn't mean one doesn't have urges. You're not a "slut" just because you send people nudes, and furthermore, you are doing absolutely no one harm, you're a consenting adult (i hope) and so is the receiver of your nudes, there's no harm done.
Greebo85
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Just don’t
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I’d say that ‘slutty’ is just a stupid term anyway. Like men can sleep around and send **** pics, often unsolicited, and no one cares! But if a women does it it’s ‘slutty’? I think those opinions are just outdated really.
If you send nudes to someone you like/ are talking to, that’s not really an issue imo. It’s INCREDIBLY common!! I genuinely think a large percentage of people in the western world aged 18-25 have probably sent some form of nude.
I agree that’s it’s risky because nudes getting leaked is very traumatising but ultimately I don’t agree that it’s the sender’s fault if that happens. Yes, not sending any nudes would avoid this happening, but equally people having decency and respect would also stop it happening
Realistically, it’s just a human body at the end of the day. We all have one.. It’s almost weird that it’s such a stigma in the first place.
But I’m answer to your question, no, I don’t think it makes you slutty and I also don’t think being slutty is even a worthwhile concept anymore.
I’d say ultimately, people sell nudes/ have only fans and make loads of money and I don’t even think they should be looked down on in any way.
But sending a handful of nudes like you have is almost expected these days. It’s not remotely uncommon and I whilst I agree with people that nudes being leaked is a potential worry, being considered slutty definitely shouldn’t be!
Thank you for this. I mostly have the same thoughts. Especially the part about 'it's just a human body'. That's what it feels like to me and that's why I don't feel 'slutty' or anything sending them. It's just my physical body. There are non-physical parts of my being I would feel more 'slutty' sharing/exposing to be honest.

Me and the guy I've done it with are equal sexting terms, as in he wants to send things too and mostly just wants to please me. He's also someone I can trust which is why I don't see a problem. It's just a bit of fun that I can do instead of having sex.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
She could be labelled a criminal. How old are you and the recipient?
I'm 23
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
I'm a girl.
I don't like the word 'slut'. I think it's very inappropriate, lack of self-respect.

Plus if you're going to do it for a random person, you might as well make money off it -.- So it's stupid in that sense too
Why would I send it to a completely random person. This is a person I've been talking to for months
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Why would I send it to a completely random person. This is a person I've been talking to for months
Talking face-to-face or just messaging? Have you even met him?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads