The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Can someone share LSE EME MSc past papers?

Can someone share LSE Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (1 year) MSc past papers? Unnecessary context:

Interested in changing my LSE master's application from Econ and F&E (in that choice order) to EME and Econ (in that choice order).*

I will probably just do a master's and get a finance job, but I want to keep PhD options open (that's why Econ is my 1st choice before F&E, well that and I love econ...). But recently I've been reading EME is the best regarded Econ master's in Europe and the best route to the gold standard of econ PhDs which is top tier US unis, MIT/Harvard/Chicago...

I've also read it's the hardest and a LOT of work. I chose Maths & Statistics and Econometrics II for 2nd and 3rd year options respectively for my Cambridge Econ BA, which is already a v. mathematical course, attaining a good 1st class in 3rd year, and Metrics II in particular seems to cover a lot of the EME content.

But apparently EME is even harder than Cambridge MPhil and MRes (?) and so before changing my LSE choices I'd like some insight as to how hard EME really is above and beyond content (i.e. see some past papers) - especially since I'm not even fixed on a PhD, I just like maths/challenging content.

At the moment I'm still leaning towards Cambridge MPhil at any rate but LSE looks to have amazing job prospects.

If any LSE student could share past papers or anyone can even just give some advice I'd appreciate it.

* you can't change them on the application portal, but since my references haven't been submitted yet (-_-) my application won't have been processed or considered yet so I'm hopeful I could send an email to change my choices before the deadline (5th Dec). NB I can still upload a new SOP
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending