The Student Room Group

hung up on asda phoning about a job?

I did 2 job applications for asda about a week ago and they phoned today, but I was on the bus and didn't know who it was, I answered it and immediately hung up and then later found out it was asda. I just tried calling them but the only options are to press 1 if i'm a customer and 2 if i'm a colleague, and it hangs up if you're a customer and I don't know how to get in contact with them about it

Is there a chance they'll phone back or email me? Or is it most likely I won't get the job/a job interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lemonfanta
I did 2 job applications for asda about a week ago and they phoned today, but I was on the bus and didn't know who it was, I answered it and immediately hung up and then later found out it was asda. I just tried calling them but the only options are to press 1 if i'm a customer and 2 if i'm a colleague, and it hangs up if you're a customer and I don't know how to get in contact with them about it

Is there a chance they'll phone back or email me? Or is it most likely I won't get the job/a job interview?

Probably depends how many people were in fit the job, if you were one of a couple they may try to get in touch again, if there were like 10+ others then no offence they're not going to really care about you specifically I wouldn't assume so they probably wouldn't bother calling back.

Have you tried emailing them? Otherwise keep trying the customer line, fingers crossed!
Sounds like you're quite... hung up on this. (I'm so so sorry I had to)

What position was this for? If it's quite competitive, then they probably would have phoned someone else right after. Did they give you any phone number after applying, not the general one for the company?
Reply 3
Original post by JRandall26
Probably depends how many people were in fit the job, if you were one of a couple they may try to get in touch again, if there were like 10+ others then no offence they're not going to really care about you specifically I wouldn't assume so they probably wouldn't bother calling back.

Have you tried emailing them? Otherwise keep trying the customer line, fingers crossed!

Thank you, and I tried the 'Contact us' option on the asda website and explained what happened so I'm hoping they'll reply
Did you apply online? Go to where you applied, your Asda career profile or whatever it is. See if there's a relevant email address you can contact them through. There definitely should be ways to contact them.
Reply 5
Original post by _kvymnnn
Sounds like you're quite... hung up on this. (I'm so so sorry I had to)

What position was this for? If it's quite competitive, then they probably would have phoned someone else right after. Did they give you any phone number after applying, not the general one for the company?

(that was funny)

It was for store assistant (days) so I think it would be quite competitive and I applied for that in 2 different asda stores, and I don't think they gave me a phone number but I tried using the 'Contact us' option and I'm hoping they'll email me or phone me
Reply 6
Original post by lemonfanta

Do not work for this company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending