I'm getting sicker

Watch
Lacrimosa1
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don't know what to do. My illness is getting worse. Hospital didn't help. Does anyone know a treatment for anorexia? I just can't eat.
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Maybe I can lie to myself but how?
sofiavxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Please seek medical help my love. You deserve to feel good about yourself again. Please please talk to someone, call the NHS or if you're international an alternative. There are so many resources and places. I recommend the website Beat, they have helplines and articles and are basically very useful. Please get the help you need and find people to help you get through this. It will get better I promise sending so much love your way xx
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
(Original post by sofiavxx)
Please seek medical help my love. You deserve to feel good about yourself again. Please please talk to someone, call the NHS or if you're international an alternative. There are so many resources and places. I recommend the website Beat, they have helplines and articles and are basically very useful. Please get the help you need and find people to help you get through this. It will get better I promise sending so much love your way xx
I've already seeked medical help, it didn't work. I'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but when I go near that isle in a shop, I get scared. I've taken meds but that didn't help. Feeding tube didn't help either. I don't know what to do now.
Last edited by Lacrimosa1; 1 week ago
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
I don't know if I should take Fluoxetine. I heard that it f's up people.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lacrimosa1)
I've already seeked medical help, it didn't work. I'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but when I go near that isle in a shop, I get scared. I've taken meds but that didn't help. Feeding tube didn't help either. I don't know what to do now.
What is the team looking after you ED saying?
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
What is the team looking after you ED saying?
CBT-E. Had it before but didn't work. They suggest that I have it again
AlexVojProc
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
From personal experience, I can say that a second round of CBT can be helpful even if the first wasn't. Fluoxetine isn't the most effective SSRI - if you can, you should ask for escitalopram or sertraline, which are more effective with fewer side-effects - and remember that if you decide to try one, you can come off whenever you like (just speak to your GP first). It's worth anything that helps. Good luck
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
(Original post by AlexVojProc)
From personal experience, I can say that a second round of CBT can be helpful even if the first wasn't. Fluoxetine isn't the most effective SSRI - if you can, you should ask for escitalopram or sertraline, which are more effective with fewer side-effects - and remember that if you decide to try one, you can come off whenever you like (just speak to your GP first). It's worth anything that helps. Good luck
Thanks for the advise, I'll try.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lacrimosa1)
CBT-E. Had it before but didn't work. They suggest that I have it again
As above, it could be more helpful if it's with a different therapist or you are in a different frame of mind. Trying it again won't do any harm, and you can always stop if you don't think it's helping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.56%
Okay (86)
29.35%
A bit lacking (107)
36.52%
Not good at all (72)
24.57%

Watched Threads