Am I wrong to stop my boyfriend contacting his ex?

Watch
benj99
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I know that they'd been friends since they were 5 but I just think it's highly inappropriate to carry on contact and it really gets right up my gash when I see her name pop up on his phone. She's always liking his photos as well on Insta and I wouldn't put it past her to be sliding into his DMs.

I've told my boyfriend what I think but he said I need to accept he's got friends outside the relationship. What he needs to understand though is that he hadn't previously been shagging any of those friends. I really feel like just messaging her and telling her what a fat ***** I think she is and to find someone who goes for fatties and leave us alone.

I know it would be a bit mean but I'm really sick of her.
Last edited by benj99; 4 days ago
J xx
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
honestly I feel for you on this, he needs to respect your relationship which is much more important than this girl trust me. He needs to ditch the ***** and the fact she’s hanging around is also respectful her end. You’ve not been mean at all I would be digging my heels in
benj99
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I just don't trust her at all.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Not only are you wrong, you are jealous (and worse). Carrying on as you are will be the quickest way to break up your relationship.
J xx
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I completely get that, one thing I have learnt is it’s not whether you trust the other girl but whether you trust him, if he’s just for you that’s all that matters. He’s with you and not her, she’s nothing compared to you
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
The best way to hold on to a partner counterintuitively is to be totally non-possessive. I would definitely not send a spiteful message of this type
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Yes, it would be wrong. It would be controlling to try and stop him contacting her. You will also make yourself look like a dreadful person if you send that message to her.

My girlfriend is still in regular contact with her ex-fiancé (as well as two of her other exes). They're more or less best friends and she even wants us to meet someday. I fully trust that she is loyal to me so I don't worry about their contact.
Last edited by 1582; 2 days ago
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
There is probably a cream for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads