Can your period make your cold/the flu worse?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
This will seem like a bit of a strange question but bear with me. I have had a pretty bad cold over the past week but was starting to improve, I then got my period today and my cold has gotten worse again (throat is sore again etc - not just typical period symptoms). Are these things correlated?
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This will seem like a bit of a strange question but bear with me. I have had a pretty bad cold over the past week but was starting to improve, I then got my period today and my cold has gotten worse again (throat is sore again etc - not just typical period symptoms). Are these things correlated?
It's possible that you not fully recovered from the flu/cold and now your periods starting it decided to come back.
I haven't personal had this issue after a cold/flu when started my periods and also not heard anything from any of my collogues at work either on this ( I'm a midwife based in hospital) but yes it can happen ok.
Just try your best to deal with both your periods and the cold/flu .

In the week or so leading up to your period, you may feel particularly under the weather, with a runny nose, body aches, nausea, and flu like symptoms just before menstruation. While you might chalk this up to allergies or a funny coincidence, it could actually be linked to your monthly cycle.

Is it normal to have flu like symptoms before your period....
Some people experience period flu symptoms in the days just before their period that are part of what's called premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Others feel lousy throughout their period. The symptoms are pretty varied, too, and can include: nausea

What is a period cold..... In addition to the typical period symptoms, it's not uncommon to experience a bad headache, body and muscles aches, a runny nose, or a sore throat during your period. People may also feel more fatigued than normal on their period, especially late in the afternoon when their blood sugar drops
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads