JA03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
so I do biology, chemistry and geography; all of which are very much content heavy like a lot of other a-levels but the issue is that I don't know effective ways to study and how long and what devices to use. because I go to the gym (because im a bit overweight) and im in the process of getting a part time job while babysitting on Saturdays from 8am to 4pm

p.s. if you're tinyperson, don't reply to this, you're not very helpful (no offence)
Last edited by JA03; 4 days ago
imiflowerx
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Hi!!! Don't know if this would help you at all, but active recall methods are really good, this method I recently did and it's really helpful for me. A particular method is get piece of paper and write down much about the topic you know, then look in your book. if you missed anything out write it in a different colour. this just sorta helps you identify your weak areas, then, on the weak area, maybe make flashcards and then try and quiz yourself regularly, I suppose also if it's content heavy you could have have a notebook and summarise as much as possible the topics, it may make it easier to grip your head around. Seneca is also a really good website!!! last thing, mindmaps are really good, but say if your using a textbook or your book make sure to copy it into your own words, you probably know this as you are A-level lol. but it makes it go into your head more effectively then you put up the mindmaps around your house! I hope this helps and I'm sorry if it doesn't oh, last thing, maybe make a checklist of topics for each of them and after you have made a revision source for it you can simply tick it off! it helps you keep track what you have covered . I hope I've helped and if I haven't I am sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (142)
33.73%
Yes - a trusted person (109)
25.89%
No (116)
27.55%
I'm not sure (54)
12.83%

Watched Threads