SafiyaB
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi I'm in year 10 and doing only 9 GCSES. is that bad? I would have liked to do at least 10 but my school are not able to do that many. how many gcses is everyone else taking ?
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
9 is normal. A few years ago it was common to do 11-12, or even more (so some people on here may say they did this) but now 8-10 is what the vast majority of people do.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
I'm doing 10 but most of my year are doing 9 (only 3 in my year are doing 10 overall
9+ is expected really- Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science + 3 subjects or Combined Science + 4 subjects so please don't worry about it being bad, it shouldn't really have an effect on anything.
I'm in Year 10 as well btw
SafiyaB
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
9 is normal. A few years ago it was common to do 11-12, or even more (so some people on here may say they did this) but now 8-10 is what the vast majority of people do.
ah okay, thanks for clarifying this because I had that idea in my head as my parents and everyone else older did way more gcses. thanks
SafiyaB
Rep:
okay cool thanks for replying! yeah if I could do 10 I would because I just feel like it looks better for sixth-form or college or even uni applications. but I guess its better to do well in 9 subjects then do 10 and not as well
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
You're fine with 9.

My daughter is doing 8. My eldest son is doing 5. My other kids will probably do 8 each but that might change, we'll see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads