Teacher and student

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a little confused about the contact between my teacher. I have classes with him online around once or twice a week. He is older than me by 5 years. I am asking you because, to be honest, I like him. Sometimes he asks me personal questions, for example, what I think about marriage, and asks me to describe myself or something else. Of course, he doesn't ask these in the beginning conversation. I think he likes me too because more often, he asks me more personal questions. With other teachers, I only study, and we don't talk about our opinions on specific topics. Maybe he wants to be polite or be nice. I really don't know. For instance, in the last class, he said to me a compliment like I have a good level in this subject, but to be honest, I don't. It was unclear. Another thing, on chat, he uses formal and informal messages. And after that, I was more confused.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a little confused about the contact between my teacher. I have classes with him online around once or twice a week. He is older than me by 5 years. I am asking you because, to be honest, I like him. Sometimes he asks me personal questions, for example, what I think about marriage, and asks me to describe myself or something else. Of course, he doesn't ask these in the beginning conversation. I think he likes me too because more often, he asks me more personal questions. With other teachers, I only study, and we don't talk about our opinions on specific topics. Maybe he wants to be polite or be nice. I really don't know. For instance, in the last class, he said to me a compliment like I have a good level in this subject, but to be honest, I don't. It was unclear. Another thing, on chat, he uses formal and informal messages. And after that, I was more confused.
Are you alone with him then, why is this? Also using formal and informal messages doesn't mean anything, my English teacher uses "x" at the end of her messages, doesn't mean she wants to actually kiss us

I highly doubt this teacher likes you... although I am wondering why he's only 5 years older than you - even if this was A-Levels then that would make him 23 if you were 18?

Also commenting on your level is kind of what a teacher is meant to do...?
Anonymous #1
I learn a new language with him in individual classes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Are you alone with him then, why is this? Also using formal and informal messages doesn't mean anything, my English teacher uses "x" at the end of her messages, doesn't mean she wants to actually kiss us

I highly doubt this teacher likes you... although I am wondering why he's only 5 years older than you - even if this was A-Levels then that would make him 23 if you were 18?

Also commenting on your level is kind of what a teacher is meant to do...?
I learn a new language with him in individual classes
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
How old are you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
If you are in school, please talk to the head of department if you feel uncomfortable. It's not appropriate for a teacher to have any kind of relationship (like romantic/sexual) with a teacher, in fact it is illegal.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
On chat? Messages? Do you have his number?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you are in school, please talk to the head of department if you feel uncomfortable. It's not appropriate for a teacher to have any kind of relationship (like romantic/sexual) with a teacher, in fact it is illegal.
Did you mean student
Anonymous #1
How old are you?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This would have been much more useful to know at the start to be honest
Is this a college of some sort or some place of education or just more of a casual thing? - I'm guessing the former due to you saying you had other teachers but getting your situation more would help the advice you get.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
On chat? Messages? Do you have his number?
Yes, on social media. I don't have his number.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
He may be in the habit of collecting favourite students and trying to determine whether your future ambitions relate to uni/apprenticeship/something else so that he can offer you the most useful advice.

But always trust your gut instinct and use your common sense.
If he says or does anything that makes you feel very uncomfortable, tell him and if he doesn't listen or stop immediately- RUN.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
This would have been much more useful to know at the start, to be honest
Is this a college of some sort or someplace of education or just more of a casual thing? - I'm guessing the former due to you saying you had other teachers but getting your situation more would help the advice you get.
It is an online language platform. We talk about everything, to practice different topics, but sometimes times he asked me personal questions as I said. I think he wants to understand who am I, I think because everyone with I had classes asked me about tasks and they didn't want to know my real opinion.

To be honest I can do everything because I will never meet him and he lives in another country.
Anonymous #1
I mean in real life*
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got shivers when I read the title and hoped for a hell of a troll thread, but apparently not.

If this guy does anything sketchy, then you should abandon ship if he refuses to stop doing said sketchy things, like myst said. If they don't stop, then you flee like Armageddon is on your tail.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Callicious)
I got shivers when I read the title and hoped for a hell of a troll thread, but not.

If this guy does anything sketchy, then you should abandon ship if he refuses to stop doing said sketchy things, as myst said. If they don't stop, then you flee like Armageddon is on your tail.
At that moment I don't think so he's a sketchy person. Which actions he can do for me to understand that he is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads