4liferzz
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so I did a french listening past paper and I got 20/50 which a 5 in the raw grade boundaries and a 4 in the scaled grade boundaries
I have a listening mock tomoz any tips?
Would really like to achieve at least a 6/7 for listening rn
4liferzz
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
was 3 marks off a 6 in raw grade boundaries
4liferzz
Rep:
bump
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
make notes
4liferzz
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
make notes
how lol
a day left as well
lycheegal
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I've always found listening the hardest but my tips would be long-term to try listening to more things in French. Make a spotify playlist, watch some French news or Netflix. Short-term I'd say try not to panic when you can't understand something but just try and stay focused and pick up what you can. If you feel you can, jot down some words you recognise or even how you think a word you don't know might be spelled and then guess. Always put a guess instead of a blank. Also listen out for key things like ne and pas to guage if it's positive or negative
4liferzz
Rep:
(Original post by moonswooning)
I've always found listening the hardest but my tips would be long-term to try listening to more things in French. Make a spotify playlist, watch some French news or Netflix. Short-term I'd say try not to panic when you can't understand something but just try and stay focused and pick up what you can. If you feel you can, jot down some words you recognise or even how you think a word you don't know might be spelled and then guess. Always put a guess instead of a blank. Also listen out for key things like ne and pas to guage if it's positive or negative
should I wake up early and revise in the morning and if so what should I do
franklyfruity
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 4liferzz)
practice paper and audio if you can find one? otherwise there's probably not much you can do at this point (sorry I know that sounds harsh aah) but maybe look over some vocab and try to learn some common words you might still be unfamiliar with, linking phrases or typical adjectives or anything like that. in the future I'd definitely recommend listening to as much French as you can, this is fun because you can listen to music, watch Netflix, find new podcasts, audiobooks etc in your target language and it's all great practice to prepare you for the final exam!
4liferzz
Rep:
(Original post by franklyfruity)
practice paper and audio if you can find one? otherwise there's probably not much you can do at this point (sorry I know that sounds harsh aah) but maybe look over some vocab and try to learn some common words you might still be unfamiliar with, linking phrases or typical adjectives or anything like that. in the future I'd definitely recommend listening to as much French as you can, this is fun because you can listen to music, watch Netflix, find new podcasts, audiobooks etc in your target language and it's all great practice to prepare you for the final exam!
lol I wouldn't want to do a past paper in the morning in case I get **** grade and it lowers my confidence in the exam
Oki.m
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
As someone said above try to write down what you hear at first even if your spelling is wrong, then if it doesn't look right, say the word (in your head not out loud!) that you've written and think, does this sound like a word I know? Also, think about the overall context of what the exercise is about and that may jog your memory of words you know about that particular topic. Vocab is also really important with listening because the more words you know and can recognise by hearing them, the better! So maybe for future tests, go over vocab for each unit on Quizlet perhaps, as they have a sound button where you can hear the words. Hope this helps. Good luck!
franklyfruity
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
lol I wouldn't want to do a past paper in the morning in case I get **** grade and it lowers my confidence in the exam
but the whole point is to do past papers to prepare yourself... how do you expect to do well if you haven't practiced at all? if anything it'll give you more confidence knowing that you've at least done a bit of work to increase your grade from last time??
lycheegal
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I think this kind of depends on your personal preferences. Make sure you get enough sleep but if you do want to do some prep in the morning probs the best thing is just go over vocab- could be in depth or could be a quick glance just so the words are fresh in your mind. I really like quizlet for this
jackgray12
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by moonswooning)
Thank you! I tried with musconvtool and successfully transfered my spotify playlist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed