Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So I have this flatmate who makes a lot of noise,she's always slamming her wardrobe door shut, dragging things across the floor and she would talk out loud only at night although the noise is not that loud, it's is very consistent and annoying. I have asked her to keep the noise down but she didn't listen. About a month ago I realized there was another person in her room as she would lock her door and go to school/work and there would still be a great amount of noise coming from her room, I figured her boyfriend was living with her. At first I didn't care because apparently this is quite common but they would always have sex for hours, I made it a habit to leave my room at 3am and come back at 4am so they can be as loud as they want between the hour but apparently they didn't understand because they would start at 12am and carry on till 9am, I am now convinced that there is more than one guy and another girl living with her. Last week she put soundproofing on her wall and now it sounds like I live in a cardboard box and I feel a bit claustrophobic as my room feels smaller then it already is and I can still hear booms and bangs coming from her room. What do I do?
Rosalind42
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I have this flatmate who makes a lot of noise,she's always slamming her wardrobe door shut, dragging things across the floor and she would talk out loud only at night although the noise is not that loud, it's is very consistent and annoying. I have asked her to keep the noise down but she didn't listen. About a month ago I realized there was another person in her room as she would lock her door and go to school/work and there would still be a great amount of noise coming from her room, I figured her boyfriend was living with her. At first I didn't care because apparently this is quite common but they would always have sex for hours, I made it a habit to leave my room at 3am and come back at 4am so they can be as loud as they want between the hour but apparently they didn't understand because they would start at 12am and carry on till 9am, I am now convinced that there is more than one guy and another girl living with her. Last week she put soundproofing on her wall and now it sounds like I live in a cardboard box and I feel a bit claustrophobic as my room feels smaller then it already is and I can still hear booms and bangs coming from her room. What do I do?
That's really unfair of your roommate to cause you that much stress. I think that, considering you've already spoken to her about the noise disruption, you should probably make a formal complaint if you can? The fact that you have to leave your flat because of the disturbance she is making is not really the best solution as it's just enforcing her view that what she is doing is acceptable - if that makes any sense. I think if she got a formal notice about the disruption she is causing you, she might take it a bit more seriously. I hope it all goes well x
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Your story doesn't really add up... Who the hell has the stamina to have sex for 9 hours straight? And if there are more than 2 people living there, how have you not managed to meet any of them in the space of month? And how would her soundproofing her room make your room smaller?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
Your story doesn't really add up... Who the hell has the stamina to have sex for 9 hours straight? And if there are more than 2 people living there, how have you not managed to meet any of them in the space of month? And how would her soundproofing her room make your room smaller?
I’m also really hoping that these multiple people locked in room have access to toilet facilities.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
I’m also really hoping that these multiple people locked in room have access to toilet facilities.
:colone: police might have to admit-one into their jails if not
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Its an en suite, she has toilet facilities in her bedroom, we all do.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
they would start at 12am and carry on till 9am, I can still hear booms and bangs coming from her room. What do I do?
I don't know how sex works but wtf???
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
that a challenge?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Its an en suite, she has toilet facilities in her bedroom, we all do.
Makes sense, why else would multiple people agree to be locked in a room all day following a marathon sex session?
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Callicious)
that a challenge?
What about 15 hours in an igloo?
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
What about 15 hours in an igloo?
I thought you woke up at 3:30 or smtn go back to sleep
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
I thought you woke up at 3:30 or smtn go back to sleep
3:45.... I can't sleep for some reason tonight.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Lol, I don't think anyone has the stamina to have sex for 9hours, that's why I think there is more than one guy and another girl. I have met her, she owns the room and she's the only one who leaves the room, she locks the door and there is still a lot of noise coming from her room. Haha and my room FEELS smaller due to the lack of sound distribution.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Lol, I don't think anyone has the stamina to have sex for 9hours, that's why I think there is more than one guy and another girl. I have met her, she owns the room and she's the only one who leaves the room, she locks the door and there is still a lot of noise coming from her room. Haha and my room FEELS smaller due to the lack of sound distribution.
Pets? human pets?
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 5 days ago
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Hi there,

Sorry to hear your peace if being disturbed. That must be troubling, especially if it's waking you up at night. Given that you have already spoken to them directly to ask if they could keep the notice down, I would speak to your accommodation team. They will be able to advise on how best to deal with it. It may be that having others over that often is against policy anyway - and they can certainly give you a few options, whether it's moving rooms, speaking to the student for you to warn them of the disturbance they're causing, or further action.

Speak to them as the first point of call, and they should be able to help.
Best of luck
James - student rep
black tea
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
So you are saying there are people living in that room who haven't left in at least one month... And that she is locking in them in there when she leaves...And is now soundproofing the room... Have you thought about calling the police?! (Or stopping smoking whatever you are smoking?)
black tea
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
that a challenge?
let us know how you get on
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
So you are saying there are people living in that room who haven't left in at least one month... And that she is locking in them in there when she leaves...And is now soundproofing the room... Have you thought about calling the police?! (Or stopping smoking whatever you are smoking?)
No need to trouble the police...
PendingLife
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Sounds like a prostitution den to me...
black tea
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
No need to trouble the police...
hence the sentence in brackets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (12)
8.76%
Okay (40)
29.2%
A bit lacking (48)
35.04%
Not good at all (37)
27.01%

Watched Threads