can i get referred for ADHD by an online doctor??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey
is there any way to talk to an online GP about adhd so they can refer me to an adhd clinic where you are assessed?
i dont wanna go to my current one coz they wont listen to me on what i need and just referred me to a talking therapy.
i wanna get assessed for adhd then i can see what i can do from there if i get a diagnosis or not. but i really dislike my current gp practice and would like to find an online doctor?
has anyone done this before??
super_hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey
is there any way to talk to an online GP about adhd so they can refer me to an adhd clinic where you are assessed?
i dont wanna go to my current one coz they wont listen to me on what i need and just referred me to a talking therapy.
i wanna get assessed for adhd then i can see what i can do from there if i get a diagnosis or not. but i really dislike my current gp practice and would like to find an online doctor?
has anyone done this before??
Hey! Although I don't have adhd myself, my boyfriend has combined adhd very severely and we've been to hell and back to try and get him diagnosed/medicated so I can understand in that respect. I can tell you now, you will not have any luck with an NHS GP and adhd. They tend to treat it as a mental health issue and not sort the underlying issue-ADHD. Besides, you'll be on a waiting list for 6 months to a year, probably more now that it's been Covid. Your best option is going private-this has been the best option for my boyfriend and some of my adhd friends too. The ADHD Centre is brilliant, there is a clinic in Manchester and London and you can have an online check up every 6 months. I would maybe look into that if you want an assessment of your adhd for sure. But if you want to talk about it further feel free to message me, I'd be happy to help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads