Obsession over this guy is making me crazy

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Me and this guy were dating for* short time (both of us are 23), then it has unexpectedly ended it and this is when my obsession has begun. It is killing me. I am thinking about him literally all the time. I am checking his socials numerous times a day. When he starts to follow some new girl and she has a private profile, i am looking for her on facebook to see, if she is better looking than me. I know, its a really lame. I also found out his twitter, trying to find meaning in his every tweet, despite the fact that most of them are definitely without any higher purpose. The habit I luckily cut of already was checking his online status. If he wasn't online for a longer period of time, i got paranoid about him being with an other girl. I spent my nights refreshing his profile to see a green dot next to his name to appear. This is how my life has been for an one month. I am feeling like a ****ing creep, i dont want to share this my behaviour with anyone, because i am super ashamed of that. I am trying to date other people, but it is not helping, i still havent found a better guy than him. I was also thinking about blocking him everywhere, but this wouldnt help, because I know, I would find other way how to stalk his socials. What should I do? Also problem is that our ,,break up" wasnt super strict, we are somehow still in touch via texts, so I still have hope that things will get better, which is also not really helpful
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and this guy were dating for* short time (both of us are 23), then it has unexpectedly ended it and this is when my obsession has begun. It is killing me. I am thinking about him literally all the time. I am checking his socials numerous times a day. When he starts to follow some new girl and she has a private profile, i am looking for her on facebook to see, if she is better looking than me. I know, its a really lame. I also found out his twitter, trying to find meaning in his every tweet, despite the fact that most of them are definitely without any higher purpose. The habit I luckily cut of already was checking his online status. If he wasn't online for a longer period of time, i got paranoid about him being with an other girl. I spent my nights refreshing his profile to see a green dot next to his name to appear. This is how my life has been for an one month. I am feeling like a ****ing creep, i dont want to share this my behaviour with anyone, because i am super ashamed of that. I am trying to date other people, but it is not helping, i still havent found a better guy than him. I was also thinking about blocking him everywhere, but this wouldnt help, because I know, I would find other way how to stalk his socials. What should I do? Also problem is that our ,,break up" wasnt super strict, we are somehow still in touch via texts, so I still have hope that things will get better, which is also not really helpful. I also found a new job, doing a fitness more, being with new people, but still cant get him out if my head.
I also found a new job, doing a fitness more, being with new people, but still cant get him out if my head.
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
To start with, I'd try ignoring his social media for a week. Just a week. It'll test how obsessed you are. If you feel like you can go longer, avoid him and his girl for a month and see how you fare.

Don't think about dating other people yet, as you're still consciously comparing them to him.

Consider cutting off contact, say that you need to focus on yourself.

He's never going to stop being in your thoughts, but small measures can make big changes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads