Boyfriend is talking about marriage only few weeks into dating

Watch
Joemamajoemama
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My first ever boyfriend has been talking about marriage and how he never wants to date anyone else. I know I really like him but I’ve never been the kind of person to really expect much from any kinda relationship. I don’t plan or see us breaking up but I don’t know if a relationship can last that long. What if I end up wanting to experience other things and other people? He’s a little possessive which he is completely honest about and he doesn’t try and put restrictions on me or tell me what to do. We’re still young so marriage would be a long time in the future, which is kinda the problem cuz that’s just such along time and so much can happen. I’ve never done this before and neither has he. Despite that he talks a lot about marriage and having kids. I love him but sometimes it’s a lot. We also just recently had our first kiss but I’m not sure if I was 100% ready for it. I didn’t know what to do and didn’t feel much though it was just my first kiss. He kept kissing me but I was still nervous and it didn’t feel great. Idk maybe I’m just not into kissing. I kinda just need other people’s feedback on this cuz I don’t really now what to do.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
How old is your bf?
Is he from a family where there is a tradition of early marriage or living with parents until marriage?
Joemamajoemama
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
How old is your bf?
Is he from a family where there is a tradition of early marriage or living with parents until marriage?
We’re just 16 and he’s not from a family with any sort of traditions
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Joemamajoemama)
We’re just 16 and he’s not from a family with any sort of traditions
If he’s inexperienced then he’s probably just saying the kind of things he thinks people in a relationship say. Mixed in with his excitement, I don’t think he’s considering that it’s a bit awkward to be on the receiving end.

Just be honest and tell him that you’re having a great time but the marriage and baby talk is a bit much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (4)
8.33%
Okay (17)
35.42%
A bit lacking (14)
29.17%
Not good at all (13)
27.08%

Watched Threads