Web Design Class Issues

Watch
KellyPlayz355
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Guys... help!!!!
Tomorrow, I'm Web Design I'm nearly the only female, apart from another girl, who sits next to me, which makes me feel like I'm being sexually abused.
All the staff in the group are male, most of the students are male and the only women there are in the group are myself and another girl. Whenever the boys and the men have boy talk and when they talk about inappropriate things, it puts me off and makes me feel unsafe and insecure, because they do it, while the female student and I are in the room.
My heart pounds every time I interact with people I'm not comfortable with.
Whenever boys, who have girlfriends, interact with me, I get so nervous and not talk much. I'm just shy and I don't want to interfere with their relationships. I try to avoid making contact with the people I don't fully trust and I tend to focus on the safe side. But on Tuesdays and Fridays, I can't...
What should I do!?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KellyPlayz355)
Guys... help!!!!
Tomorrow, I'm Web Design I'm nearly the only female, apart from another girl, who sits next to me, which makes me feel like I'm being sexually abused.
All the staff in the group are male, most of the students are male and the only women there are in the group are myself and another girl. Whenever the boys and the men have boy talk and when they talk about inappropriate things, it puts me off and makes me feel unsafe and insecure, because they do it, while the female student and I are in the room.
My heart pounds every time I interact with people I'm not comfortable with.
Whenever boys, who have girlfriends, interact with me, I get so nervous and not talk much. I'm just shy and I don't want to interfere with their relationships. I try to avoid making contact with the people I don't fully trust and I tend to focus on the safe side. But on Tuesdays and Fridays, I can't...
What should I do!?
You clearly have no idea what sexual abuse is.
KellyPlayz355
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
You clearly have no idea what sexual abuse is.
I'm saying that it reminds me of sexual abuse
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I'm saying that it reminds me of sexual abuse
No you're not. You clearly stated:

"I'm nearly the only female, apart from another girl, who sits next to me, which makes me feel like I'm being sexually abused."

In that statement you are trivialising people who genuinely have been sexually abused by comparing their trauma to your experience of being in a class which has only 2 females. You need to think hard - very hard - about that.
KellyPlayz355
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
No you're not. You clearly stated:

"I'm nearly the only female, apart from another girl, who sits next to me, which makes me feel like I'm being sexually abused."

In that statement you are trivialising people who genuinely have been sexually abused by comparing their trauma to your experience of being in a class which has only 2 females. You need to think hard - very hard - about that.
My hormones, heart and nerves are telling me this... I'm just under a lot of pressure
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My hormones, heart and nerves are telling me this... I'm just under a lot of pressure
So? You haven't been sexually abused in your web design class have you?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
What the ****...
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Guys... help!!!!
How old are you? 12?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.59%
Okay (113)
29.27%
A bit lacking (145)
37.56%
Not good at all (91)
23.58%

Watched Threads