Does BMAT and UCAT also helps for Biochem/Biotech courses?

Watch
biochemseeker
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am in Year 12 and studying Bio, Chem and Maths. I am interested in taking up Biochem as my undergraduate. Wanted to know if BMAT and UCAT also helps in getting Biochem courses in premier institutes like Cambridge/Oxford/Imperial, etc.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Moved to life sciences

No, because they don’t require the tests - they’re exams to get into medicine.

AFAIK Oxford biomed asks for BMAT, but not biochem, and Cambridge only does NatSci so you’d sit whatever the test is for that. Imperial doesn’t have an interview or in house exam for biochem as of this year.
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 month ago
asclepeion
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Moved to life sciences

No, because they don’t require the tests - they’re exams to get into medicine.

AFAIK Oxford biochem asks for BMAT, and Cambridge only does NatSci so you’d sit whatever the test is for that. Imperial doesn’t have an interview or in house exam for biochem as of this year.
Oxford biochem no tests, but Oxford biomedical sciences requires BMAT
becausethenight
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asclepeion)
Oxford biochem no tests, but Oxford biomedical sciences requires BMAT
Cheers, fixed!
biochemseeker
Rep:
Thanks a lot for your answers. So no Uni needs any test for Biochem? Just trying to find out if its still worth to prepare and write the tests.
becausethenight
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by biochemseeker)
Thanks a lot for your answers. So no Uni needs any test for Biochem? Just trying to find out if its still worth to prepare and write the tests.
You should be able to find this on their website - it is pretty key info! If the uni does not require the test (of the 3 you mentioned, none require them) then there is zero point sitting it, as they will ignore it.
biochemseeker
Rep:
Got it, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads