Mental Health Literature

Watch this thread
_ellis_17
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi! I'm basing my EPQ on mental health and I'm struggling to find literature relating to my topic. My base question that I have so far is 'Should we have a mental health emergency service within the NHS to combat the growing mental health epidemic?' Any help with any aspect of this would be really helpful! Thanks!
username4355984
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _ellis_17)
Hi! I'm basing my EPQ on mental health and I'm struggling to find literature relating to my topic. My base question that I have so far is 'Should we have a mental health emergency service within the NHS to combat the growing mental health epidemic?' Any help with any aspect of this would be really helpful! Thanks!
maybe try breaking the question down and finding information based on that? e.g. what mental health services already exist within the NHS if any, how effective they've been, what the 'growing mental health epidemic' actually means, evidence that mental health is becoming a bigger issue, what an NHS mental health emergency service could involve, etc.
squirrelmonkey12
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _ellis_17)
Hey, have you looked at current news articles at all? I think there's a lot of discussion going on with NHS and mental health at the moment so there's sure to be things in the news!
rzi999
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’d recommend reading independent reports about the mental health epidemic and then read about help seeking behaviours amongst different groups so you can compare whether the current approach to dealing w mental health crises is working. This would mean some reading about the mental health act, inpatient mental health services and crisis helplines and picking out unmet needs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads