Does emailing Oxford a dumb question affect you

Watch
deathray65
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does emailing the undergraduate enquires office with a stupid question affect your admissions chances? I emailed Oxford asking if I was enrolled under the right course bc my interview said Law and Law with Law Studies in Europe and I was paranoid.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by deathray65)
Does emailing the undergraduate enquires office with a stupid question affect your admissions chances? I emailed Oxford asking if I was enrolled under the right course bc my interview said Law and Law with Law Studies in Europe and I was paranoid.
It won't make any difference. If unis discounted every applicant who asked a question, (and yours wasn't daft), they wouldn't have anyone left to enrol.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, they probably receive hundreds of emails every day and probably won’t even remember you.

Edit: Misread the question
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 month ago
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
looks like they just used the same headings to group everyone in the email send out for law. don't worry about it
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Obviously not. The person reading emails on the undergraduate enquiries office has no say in admissions. What do you think they'd do? Email the law tutors telling them to disregard your LNAT, UCAS etc. because you wanted clarification on something?

Also, not a stupid question.
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No. Emailing an admissions officer because you’re confused doesn’t affect your application to any university in the slightest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads