Cant tell difference between dream and reality

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Recently I’ve been having this wired feeling and feel like I cannot tell the difference between what actually happened and what happened in my dream. If I dreamt of a weird/unusual situation then I know it’s a dream but there’s this one situation when I’m not sure if it was a dream or reality. I remember going to the toilet at night and then coming out and pretending I’m puking when my flatmate passed me to get them not to stop me on my way back to bed. I could see myself doing it in reality but then why would I want to do that in the first place. I feel so confused 😐. There’s been more situations where I’m not sure the event actually happened or was just a realistic dream….. has anyone experienced something like this? My mental health is good (yay - it wasn’t great for a bit but now I’m feeling more happy and everything in life is going well) and I haven’t had much stress or anxiety apart from uni work stuff which most people are stressed about cause it’s uni. I’ve had a badish cold when one of these incidents occurred but I’m still wondering about it. For those people who’ll just say ask ur flatmate/friends then I’ll say it now: I don’t want to cause I don’t know if it was real and don’t want to know I dreamt about them. Sorry for such a long post but I’m just wondering if anyone experienced this (PS I will talk to a doctor is this becomes a long term thing but this only started a few days/weeks ago and isn’t causing many problems rn)
LJ234
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I would say talk to a doctor asap, just because it could be an early symptom of psychosis or schizophrenia or BPD or something (most likely not I guess but it's still better to be safe than sorry?¿?) Even if it isn't anything serious, you can still be told more about it and maybe helped. I hope it all works out for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads