Oxford Invite to Interview Holders - Law (Jurisprudence)

Watch this thread
_Kestrel_
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I thought it would be lovely to have a thread for those awaiting law interviews at Oxford - it's equal parts intimidating as it is exciting so I am sure we could all do with a bit of support. Here we can give each other help and advice and maybe even discuss a few of the past interview questions/general legal philosophy questions that may be asked (Oxford have released a fee past/example questions, for example). Feel free to share any other resources too.

When interviews begin do bear in mind not to share any of the questions or materials you were asked. This is specified in the invite email under 'code of conduct'. I will ask the mods to remove any posts that violate this code of conduct.

Also feel free to introduce yourselves!

Course I or Course II?:
College of interview:
Second College of interview?:
How are you preparing for the interview?:
Last edited by _Kestrel_; 5 months ago
_Kestrel_
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Resources Bank - I'll add useful things here

Q: Should it be illegal to run a red light in the middle of the night on an empty road?
A: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2017-10-12...ford-interview

Q: What does it mean for someone to take another's car?
A: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2009-10-09...ord-interviews

A list of questions (not sure how 'official' they are, but they get the brain thinking non the less)
http://www.oxfordinterviewquestions.com/questions/law/

An official mock law interview released recently by Oxford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6rXLJXZEho
nathanbuch22
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Course I or Course II?: Course I
College of interview: Brasenose
Second College of interview?: Unsure as of yet
How are you preparing for the interview?: Analysing statutes, reading and contemplating the broader questions about law.

Thanks for setting this up!
aakash5701
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Course I or Course II?: course I
College of interview: Pembroke
Second College of interview?: unsure as of yet
How are you preparing for the interview?: watching mock interviews and reading statutes
madlad2003
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
College of interview: St. Peter's
Second College of interview?: Unknown as of now
How are you preparing for the interview?: Watching videos on youtube + going through everything I've said in my PS
madlad2003
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Also, have you guys got the Teams invite link yet? St. Peter's said they'd send it to me by the end of the week, but I haven't got it yet :/
arlene1202
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
College of interview: Balliol
Second College of interview?: Unknown as of now
How are you preparing for the interview?:

Reading law books mentioned in PS, going through random legal issues and struggling to find appropriate statutes to study 🥲
liseazurite
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Course: Course I with Senior Status
College of interview: Harris Manchester
Second college: unknown
How am I preparing: practicing problem question, reading statutes and cases, watching videos on key areas of law, reading and analysing the news, reviewing topics on my PS
Unknownx12
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Course I or Course II?: course 1
College of interview: st Johns
Second College of interview?: dk yet
How are you preparing for the interview?: watching YT vids, annotating my PS and hopefully interview practices
Martyna31
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by liseazurite)
Course: Course I with Senior Status
College of interview: Harris Manchester
Second college: unknown
How am I preparing: practicing problem question, reading statutes and cases, watching videos on key areas of law, reading and analysing the news, reviewing topics on my PS
Are there specific statues or cases you’re reading or just really random ones you find online?
liseazurite
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Martyna31)
Are there specific statues or cases you’re reading or just really random ones you find online?
I have a couple of friends from law school who gave me the list they read in first year, so just going through that really.. trying to read a few from each area of law
_Kestrel_
Rep:
(Original post by liseazurite)
I have a couple of friends from law school who gave me the list they read in first year, so just going through that really.. trying to read a few from each area of law
Would you mind sharing a few?
_Kestrel_
Rep:
College of interview: Mansfield
Second College of interview?: N/A
How are you preparing for the interview?: Brushing up on my personal statement, considering some legal philosophical questions, going to do some statute analysis next week. Also hoping to do one or two mock interviews.
madlad2003
Rep:
Report 5 months ago

Hey guys, this is an official mock interview from Oxford. I found it really helpful! _Kestrel_ you can add this to the resources if you like
_Kestrel_
Rep:
(Original post by madlad2003)

Hey guys, this is an official mock interview from Oxford. I found it really helpful! _Kestrel_ you can add this to the resources if you like
Perfect thank you!
_Kestrel_
Rep:
Just has a mock interview - think it went well! My teachers gave me this case and asked the following questions.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2000/254.html

1) Do you believe that the 'intention to end the life of another' is an adequate definition of murder? Would this definition indicate that the doctor who performed the final operation in this case as liable for murder?

2) What are the 2 most important issues in this case?

[It is ofc a very long case and my tutors only expected me to skim read it in the 15 minutes I was given]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (56)
34.57%
The paper was reasonable (64)
39.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (15)
9.26%

Watched Threads