* kings ( political economics)
Are these good for investment banking? Tell me if I should change about options
Original post by Emmaross2004
* Lse (politics and economics)
* Nottingham (political economics)
* UCL (history,politics and economics)
* kings ( political economics)
Are these good for investment banking? Tell me if I should change about options

Yea they are well regarded unis for finance.
Original post by mnot
Yea they are well regarded unis for finance.

Even history politics and economics at UCL?
Even history politics and economics at UCL?

IB tends to be less concerned with degree type, obviously you’ll have to be competent with basic numeracy & quantifying things, but it’s a good uni & course.

If you were applying for a front office quant role then obviously no chance (but that goes for all your choices), but you said IB.

That said I am not a banker, I don’t work in anything M&A related, just what I have picked up over the years.
Original post by mnot
IB tends to be less concerned with degree type, obviously you’ll have to be competent with basic numeracy & quantifying things, but it’s a good uni & course.

If you were applying for a front office quant role then obviously no chance (but that goes for all your choices), but you said IB.

That said I am not a banker, I don’t work in anything M&A related, just what I have picked up over the years.

I want to work in equity capital markets is that fine
I want to work in equity capital markets is that fine

As far as I am aware this would be the same for IB (as it is a core business area of IB id think you would probably be applying for an IB analyst position at most firms), i.e. getting a good degree from a target university is important but the specific course isn’t that important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending