The Student Room Group

I need help with my creative writing. What mark and grade would i get for this?

I really need help and tell me what I need to do to improve.

I jumped up all of a sudden, I saw it again! A dim mysterious and slender like figure. I clench my eyes and open them again to the cracked white ceiling which greets me every day. The canvas of the morning sky splattered with featureless colours. I try to let it slip of what corrupt creature I saw. My eyes were tired as an old man. I sprinted downstairs to help myself with food, however This place felt like a deserted island. My parents had left me for a week, but I didn’t know why? I was in a hotel! Where is everyone?
Forget it, I just could only think of eating there was rats in my stomach, I could eat a tonne of food! I rushed on devouring my inviting food. An idea jumped in my mind! I was thinking to go outside but I catch on I couldn’t go outside; I have a mountain of homework to do! Before I go back home.
Swiftly I saw it again the hair-raising, horrifying, and hideous mutant. My heart froze in seconds, It, gave a fearless star It had long crusty violent nails, I dashed upstairs as making a loud “thump” sound. My heart weighed a tonne I ran like a snail, I saw the dark figure It beamed closer and closer to me. I quickly leaped in my bed and showered the blanket over me and hid myself in here like a turtle. My brain was flooded with questions and fear, but after 100 years I finally pushed trough it and slowly got up. I was so gentle and quite as my life depended on it. This place is Huanted!
The breeze in the room went from gentle to a sharp, solid, and stiff atmosphere as I got closer to the door. My gut feeling told me not go near the door, I stopped in a heart beat and all I could think of is getting out of this mass situation. As the Rain smashed like a loud drum against the windows I leaped back closer to the window. I stared outside I saw, the storm was an untrained animal in a cage. Crashing. Roaring. Trying to destroy everything on its path. The door opened it make a “crunch” sound, I had no thought in my mind. I looked back. I saw that being again.
I felt nothing.

With no single thought! I jumped. I thought my life was flashing before my eyes. The sky was showring daggers. I finally got to the ground and I decided to sprint it down the road for safety as I was running, I looked back and The blunt creature gave me a hideous bloodthirst glare. "You are the chosen one" roared the frightening projection. I did nothing but worry and worry about what he meant but as my mind was running with paired thoughts, I ran myself to a haunted shed. The shed smelt like rotting apples and dead rats. I helplessly searched for the light switch, I was finally able to find the treasure and I turned the light on. I froze once again? Without not knowing why I did. Then I realized it took hold of me. I felt his long tentacle nails forcing me not to move. It gave me deadly look as I was its prey. I decided to jump so I can escape its ruthless hands.

Then finally I jumped. And my eyes closed without my permission

I jumped up all of a sudden. Then at last when I opened them, I was in my bed? The sky was splattered with unimaginative colours. The breeze was a warm blanket. The singing birds greeted me. I was back home! Where was I?

I thought to myself was it a dream?
It is quite confusing to follow to be honest. But here are some simple edits to improve the SPAG part of your mark:Check your spellings - showering, haunted, bloodthirsty, throughCareful with punctuation - you have some random capital letters midway through sentencesDon't repeat words - splattered is used twice.Make sure it makes sense.
Reply 3
Original post by busylizzie76
It is quite confusing to follow to be honest. But here are some simple edits to improve the SPAG part of your mark:Check your spellings - showering, haunted, bloodthirsty, throughCareful with punctuation - you have some random capital letters midway through sentencesDon't repeat words - splattered is used twice.Make sure it makes sense.

Thank you for your feedback what grade do you think this would get if I improve the stuff you told me to do?
seven
Original post by Jahod
I really need help and tell me what I need to do to improve.

I jumped up all of a sudden, I saw it again! A dim mysterious and slender like figure. I clench my eyes and open them again to the cracked white ceiling which greets me every day. The canvas of the morning sky splattered with featureless colours. I try to let it slip of what corrupt creature I saw. My eyes were tired as an old man. I sprinted downstairs to help myself with food, however This place felt like a deserted island. My parents had left me for a week, but I didn’t know why? I was in a hotel! Where is everyone?
Forget it, I just could only think of eating there was rats in my stomach, I could eat a tonne of food! I rushed on devouring my inviting food. An idea jumped in my mind! I was thinking to go outside but I catch on I couldn’t go outside; I have a mountain of homework to do! Before I go back home.
Swiftly I saw it again the hair-raising, horrifying, and hideous mutant. My heart froze in seconds, It, gave a fearless star It had long crusty violent nails, I dashed upstairs as making a loud “thump” sound. My heart weighed a tonne I ran like a snail, I saw the dark figure It beamed closer and closer to me. I quickly leaped in my bed and showered the blanket over me and hid myself in here like a turtle. My brain was flooded with questions and fear, but after 100 years I finally pushed trough it and slowly got up. I was so gentle and quite as my life depended on it. This place is Huanted!
The breeze in the room went from gentle to a sharp, solid, and stiff atmosphere as I got closer to the door. My gut feeling told me not go near the door, I stopped in a heart beat and all I could think of is getting out of this mass situation. As the Rain smashed like a loud drum against the windows I leaped back closer to the window. I stared outside I saw, the storm was an untrained animal in a cage. Crashing. Roaring. Trying to destroy everything on its path. The door opened it make a “crunch” sound, I had no thought in my mind. I looked back. I saw that being again.
I felt nothing.

With no single thought! I jumped. I thought my life was flashing before my eyes. The sky was showring daggers. I finally got to the ground and I decided to sprint it down the road for safety as I was running, I looked back and The blunt creature gave me a hideous bloodthirst glare. "You are the chosen one" roared the frightening projection. I did nothing but worry and worry about what he meant but as my mind was running with paired thoughts, I ran myself to a haunted shed. The shed smelt like rotting apples and dead rats. I helplessly searched for the light switch, I was finally able to find the treasure and I turned the light on. I froze once again? Without not knowing why I did. Then I realized it took hold of me. I felt his long tentacle nails forcing me not to move. It gave me deadly look as I was its prey. I decided to jump so I can escape its ruthless hands.

Then finally I jumped. And my eyes closed without my permission

I jumped up all of a sudden. Then at last when I opened them, I was in my bed? The sky was splattered with unimaginative colours. The breeze was a warm blanket. The singing birds greeted me. I was back home! Where was I?

I thought to myself was it a dream?

I think you used the exclamation point (and perhaps question mark too), excessively. It should be used with care as it adds a lot of weight to the sentence.

Your ideas are good but perhaps plan the timeline of events better before writing and finalising your work - it seems rather disorderly and chaotic.

I also recognise yourself repeating words in close proximity to each other. "Again" and "tonne" etc. Perhaps expand your vocabulary here.

You describe onomatopoeias as "thump sound" "crunch sound". Perhaps present these sounds a different way. E.g., "I tried dashing upstairs, thumping each step." .............."The door crunched open...." or something :smile:.

I advise for you to read some more books/novels, it truly helps with writing! - at least for myself.
Everyone starts somewhere, so just keep practicing and improving!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending