Uni isn't worth it anymore

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a third year student, no motivation, the workload is literally hours and hours for one topic per week, I can't get through that and feel demotivated to even start then. I might as well be years behind at this point. Wondering if anyone else is feeling the same. I cry myself to sleep every night. I am not good enough, I can't remember what I ate last night let alone the content I'm supposed to.
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 month ago
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What is your most important topic or what aaishnment needs to be handed in?

What is your end goal?

Take things in small steps and organise yourself well, cover topics of modules every week.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Analyst89)
What is your most important topic or what aaishnment needs to be handed in?

What is your end goal?

Take things in small steps and organise yourself well, cover topics of modules every week.
Everything.

And we get assessed as we go and there's not much room to stop and think with everything going so fast. I'm already miles behind with work, it's exhausts me to catch up to. I'm taking each day as it comes whether I know something or not, hoping the exams will be okay.
Greebo85
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why is it that everyone expects to to to university? What are you studying? What are your dreams? Why are you doing a course that you clearly don’t enjoy and is making you unhappy?
You don’t have to get a university degree to get a job that you enjoy and lead a happy life
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Greebo85)
Why is it that everyone expects to to to university? What are you studying? What are your dreams? Why are you doing a course that you clearly don’t enjoy and is making you unhappy?
You don’t have to get a university degree to get a job that you enjoy and lead a happy life
I started it with full intention to enjoy but halfway in ot feels like a chore. My mental health it not coping well with it but despite mentioning this to tutors etc, still I have to get through it like a robot just churning out waffle to be graded.
Greebo85
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started it with full intention to enjoy but halfway in ot feels like a chore. My mental health it not coping well with it but despite mentioning this to tutors etc, still I have to get through it like a robot just churning out waffle to be graded.
So re-evaluate. If your mental health is suffering it’s really important that you look at what you’re doing and where you’re going.
Don’t be unhappy.
If tutors aren’t helping can you talk to someone else, family? Friends?
I wish you all the best, really
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Greebo85)
So re-evaluate. If your mental health is suffering it’s really important that you look at what you’re doing and where you’re going.
Don’t be unhappy.
If tutors aren’t helping can you talk to someone else, family? Friends?
I wish you all the best, really
Yeah I see that, family and friends are no better for me honestly. Just trying my hardest to see it through.I appreciate the advice and wishes honestly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads