twinklestar123
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi guys
So I am applying for BSc Economics and Im trying to choose between 2 universities and I would really like your help.

My predicted grades are:
A* - Business Studies
A - Economics
A- Maths

First I have the University of Nottingham and the entry requirements are A*AA and you only need an A in maths however they have said that we need a 7 in maths unless taking it at A-level and Im concerned that it could put me at a disadvantage as I only have a 6 at GCSE.

Second I have the University of Manchester and the entry requirements are AAB in which we need an A for maths however I just don't think it would be as respectable as the University of Nottingham.

If you guys have any other ideas of universities that would be achievable with my predicted grades please let me know.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Offer rate for economics at Nottingham is quite high (admissions stats), I don't think you need to worry about not getting an offer from them.

So never mind entry requirements and vague notions of prestige, because that'll mean absolutely nothing while you're there - which place would you actually prefer to study at? They're in a pretty different setting too.
twinklestar123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Offer rate for economics at Nottingham is quite high (admissions stats), I dIon't think you need to worry about not getting an offer from them.

So never mind entry requirements and vague notions of prestige, because that'll mean absolutely nothing while you're there - which place would you actually prefer to study at? They're in a pretty different setting too.
Ok thank you so much that made me feel a bit better.I personally would like to try out for Nottingham as they have a really good research department and Manchester was more of an alternative option if I couldn't get into Nottingham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.28%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (107)
29.48%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise