history a level

Watch this thread
ilovepuppiez
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey how do i study for history to ensure an A*? I'm not sure how to revise for a level history
ChloeS2003
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hi!
I am currently in year 13, studying AQA A level History. I am studying Unit 1H- Tsarist and Communist Russia and Unit 2S- The Making of Modern Britain.
What I would suggest for revision is finding past papers and seeing what you can write both with and without the aid of a revision guide/textbook. It will help you to know where your gaps are and what your essay writing skills are like.
To go over content, I like to use videos and make notes as well as make flashcards over specifics such as events, dates, people etc. Mind maps would also be a good idea, or having some way of summarising what you have been learning. Watching documentaries of topics is a personal favourite of mine!
Hope this helps!
ilovepuppiez
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by ChloeS2003)
Hi!
I am currently in year 13, studying AQA A level History. I am studying Unit 1H- Tsarist and Communist Russia and Unit 2S- The Making of Modern Britain.
What I would suggest for revision is finding past papers and seeing what you can write both with and without the aid of a revision guide/textbook. It will help you to know where your gaps are and what your essay writing skills are like.
To go over content, I like to use videos and make notes as well as make flashcards over specifics such as events, dates, people etc. Mind maps would also be a good idea, or having some way of summarising what you have been learning. Watching documentaries of topics is a personal favourite of mine!
Hope this helps!
thank youu!! i do tudor england and america haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads