Move to america

Watch
Kyramajor17
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiii I’m really hoping to move to America but I’m wondering if I went to America on a tourist visa and just didn’t come back what would happen😭 I just wanna be able to get a visa and live there that’s all lol. Like
I messaged a workplace and they said I can work for them as long as I’m working towards a degree so could I work for them and be in college at the same time but what Visa could I get for that? Or can I just go over there on a tourist Visa and look for a job. Like what’s the easiest way to move over there without having family or getting married
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kyramajor17)
Hiii I’m really hoping to move to America but I’m wondering if I went to America on a tourist visa and just didn’t come back what would happen😭
Probably nothing.... Until you come to the attention of the authorities for some reason and then get deported.

But how are you going to support yourself while you're there, given that you're going to have difficulty getting a job? Where will you live?

I just wanna be able to get a visa and live there that’s all lol.
Easier said than done. You'll need an employer to sponsor you, but they might have to show that they can't recruit anyone who is already entitled to live and work in the US. More information here: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ker-visas.html

Like I messaged a workplace and they said I can work for them as long as I’m working towards a degree so could I work for them and be in college at the same time but what Visa could I get for that?
If that's correct, then presumably there's some process whereby people in the US on a student visa can work part-time. But your primary reason for being in the US would be to study, so you'd need to fund your (expensive) university tuition fees. It's unlikely you'd be earning enough to pay the university fees as well as your living costs.

Or can I just go over there on a tourist Visa and look for a job.
I suspect that "looking for a job" is probably not something you're allowed to do while in the US on a tourist visa (or when admitted to the US as a tourist under the visa-waiver program).

Like what’s the easiest way to move over there without having family or getting married
You can't "just move over there", in the same way that an American can't just "move over to the UK".

Bear in mind that if you overstay in the US and then leave you're going to have problems getting back in. If you overstay by more than a short period, you get an automatic immigration ban for a period of years (i.e. if you apply for a visa it will be automatically rejected), and even if you apply after the end of the ban, your record will show that you don't respect immigration rules and will probably be refused a visa anyway. You'll also need to declare this on any other visa applications you make to other countries, and there's little point in "forgetting" to declare that as the US shares immigration information with other countries (I understand that includes the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kyramajor17)
Hiii I’m really hoping to move to America but I’m wondering if I went to America on a tourist visa and just didn’t come back what would happen😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.22%
October 2021 (95)
49.22%
November 2021 (20)
10.36%
December 2021 (29)
15.03%
January 2021 (15)
7.77%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (19)
9.84%