The Student Room Group

My 33 year old sister is a creep

My older sister who is 11 years older than me is an obsessed creepy weirdo. I’m 22 and she’s 33. She’s always acted obsessive over me, especially on social media. Always prying into what I’m doing, trying to add me on every platform and stalk my pages.. and it’s not genuine. She does it so she can report back my mum. It’s like she has some obsession with trying to paint me in a negative light. I remember there was one time I wouldn’t give her my Snapchat name and she made a huge fuss to my mum, acted like a victim and it was like two against one. Them accusing me of being “mean”. Because of this, I’ve always had her blocked on social media until last year where I finally added her on my Instagram. I recently returned to uni and decided to join a new society. I went to a social and tagged the society on my story.. my sister decides to follow the society on Instagram then starts following people from my uni who I follow - I’m not even close with these people I just follow them on Instagram. She’s only following them so she can check on what I’m doing.. but it’s just so creepy and weird.

She doesn’t attend my uni so there’s no reason for her to follow my society’s Instagram page or the people from my uni. Theres one girl who she followed literally a day after i met the girl and followed her.. it’s like she watches my following list and starts following the same accounts. There’s absolutely no reason for her to be following them. These people are around my age too, early twenties, even 18 year olds. She is a 33 year old woman, with a whole child. She has a whole job, she doesn’t attend my uni, she left uni years ago. It’s really embarrassing too because she’s always commenting under my pictures saying she’s my sister so they’re probably wondering why is this girls older sister following us on Instagram.. it’s creepy and strange, she doesn’t know them.

This is exactly why I’ve kept her blocked because she’s always doing creepy, obsessive weird things.

Scroll to see replies

just tell her to stop?
Reply 2
Original post by gracieee16
just tell her to stop?

I have and she acts as if she doesn’t know what she’s doing and I’m overreacting
Original post by Anonymous
I have and she acts as if she doesn’t know what she’s doing and I’m overreacting

block her and tell her that you ain't overreacting. does she have friends? maybe she's just jealous or feeling lonely
She can't follow you on Instagram if your account is private.
You shouldn't have unblocked her.
Remove her from your following list (this is an actual function on IG btw) and block her or make your account private if you don't want her to follow you again.
I think she's snooping on you because she thinks she is entitled to do that as an older sister, but you need to draw the boundary here.
Reply 7
Original post by gracieee16
block her and tell her that you ain't overreacting. does she have friends? maybe she's just jealous or feeling lonely

I definitely think it stems from jealousy. She has several friends. She has work friends, friends from uni, school. It’s just strange why a grown woman in her 30’s is trying to snoop around on my Instagram page and follow my uni friends
Reply 8
Original post by rosy_posy
Remove her from your following list (this is an actual function on IG btw) and block her or make your account private if you don't want her to follow you again.
I think she's snooping on you because she thinks she is entitled to do that as an older sister, but you need to draw the boundary here.

I completely agree. She’s always been that way. She has no boundaries with anyone. I think I’ll remove her as a follower then block her from watching my stories and keep my page on private
I definitely think it stems from jealousy. She has several friends. She has work friends, friends from uni, school. It’s just strange why a grown woman in her 30’s is trying to snoop around on my Instagram page and follow my uni friends

Maybe she likes watching You.
You can restrict her account. She still follows you but won’t see when you post a picture and I think she won’t be able to like it
(edited 2 years ago)
The above advice is reasonable.

Mine probably not so much. Depends if you want to toy with her a bit:

You can create false accounts of yourself on social media as a decoy, use those accounts to follow some other creeps, and then have her start adding/following those creeps on the internet. Which will likely create a pickle for her.

You can stalk her back

2nd is too direct. 1st would be more fun.

People often don't understand the effect their actions have on others until they get a dose of their own medicine.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by summerbirdreads
You shouldn't have unblocked her.

I agree. I’m regretting it now.
I agree. I’m regretting it now.

I can relate. I always regret unblocking the people I blocked but I do it anyway.
Original post by Ten-Ten
You can restrict her account. She still follows you but won’t see when you post a picture and I think she won’t be able to like it

Omg thank you so much! I just restricted all 3 of her annoying accounts 🤣.
Does anyone have any tech advice as to how I could somehow get her account to unfollow my uni mates and society’s account.
I completely agree. She’s always been that way. She has no boundaries with anyone. I think I’ll remove her as a follower then block her from watching my stories and keep my page on private

If she is removed as a follower it means she wouldn't have access to your private profile, including viewing your stories.
Hope it goes well :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by summerbirdreads
I can relate. I always regret unblocking the people I blocked but I do it anyway.

Same haha
Does anyone have any tech advice as to how I could somehow get her account to unfollow my uni mates and society’s account.

The only way to get your sister removed from your society's followers list is for the account admin to remove her. I doubt they would accept the request though.
As for your friends, you can talk to them about this situation and see if they want to remove her from their followers list.
(edited 2 years ago)
Omg thank you so much! I just restricted all 3 of her annoying accounts 🤣.

😂😂no problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending