Did anyone find out the mark they got in English and Maths?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
title.

I didn’t, just the grade. It is a bit weird that 72 is a grade 5 on higher tier maths papers. It doesn’t make me feel good because 72 isn’t even 100.
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
RandomE
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What does that even mean
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
You got 98/100 on a higher tier maths paper and got a grade 5?
1) according to your first sentence, you didn’t get a mark
2) 98/100 on a higher paper and getting grade 5 seems very flawed.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
I think that they meant they got 98 out of whatever the total mark of the paper is. They are upset because they wanted 100 marks but failed to do so by at least two marks.
Therefore, they got a grade 5…
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 month ago
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
I don’t know what the mark is but 72/240 meets the grade boundary for a 5 on higher and I got a 5, so the mark is obviously around 72.
RandomE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t know the grade boundaries were that low
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by RandomE)
I didn’t know the grade boundaries were that low
I was the first cohort to do the new GCSE so I guess thats why they were low. One paper is out of 80, and 3 papers would make it out of 240.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
I was the first cohort to do the new GCSE so I guess thats why they were low. One paper is out of 80, and 3 papers would make it out of 240.
Yes, Edexcel Maths is out of 240 and the grade boundaries have always been really low for Maths. You generally need less than 20% to get a C/grade 4 in the Higher paper.

Your exam centre can access your mark. If they give you access to Results Plus Direct you can see your Edexcel marks there too.
RandomE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Congrats on the grade 5 anyways, was this 2017/18?
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by RandomE)
Congrats on the grade 5 anyways, was this 2017/18?
yep 2017. I had potential to do better I was in the second top set but thats what people in my set got. If I got better than that that would make me a set 1 person. Looking back I shouldn’t have rushed questions I don’t know (easier topics like value for money) and the questions from mathswatch clip came up in a difficult wordy format but the exact format came up, I should have used my time wisely and should have revised more.

I did very well in class and could do hard questions but not when it comes to application.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
Yes, Edexcel Maths is out of 240 and the grade boundaries have always been really low for Maths. You generally need less than 20% to get a C/grade 4 in the Higher paper.

Your exam centre can access your mark. If they give you access to Results Plus Direct you can see your Edexcel marks there too.
I did AQA Maths.
Anon346775
Rep:
sorry misread, meant 72/240 is a grade 5 on higher. Makes me feel worse.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did AQA Maths.
Only Edexcel offers personal accounts but your school could still access your marks, even though you got them sin 2017.
RandomE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yep 2017. I had potential to do better I was in the second top set but thats what people in my set got. If I got better than that that would make me a set 1 person. Looking back I shouldn’t have rushed questions I don’t know (easier topics like value for money) and the questions from mathswatch clip came up in a difficult wordy format but the exact format came up, I should have used my time wisely and should have revised more.

I did very well in class and could do hard questions but not when it comes to application.
I did my GCSEs in 2018, which seems so long ago now, pretty sure I got my mark back on my results and my grade but I’ll have to check. Exam situations make people stress don’t they so people don’t always get as good as they could have so don’t like feel negative about it, a 5 is a high pass. (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.19%
October 2021 (223)
44.51%
November 2021 (60)
11.98%
December 2021 (64)
12.77%
January 2021 (60)
11.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.58%