Mum threatened to kill my hamster :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know this is a little unusual, I did a math test recently and I think I’ve did really bad, I hardly knew the work and I didn’t even complete it. Recently my mum also has discovered I had a hamster, I don’t think she minds that much but ever since she knew she started blaming things on it… like when I kept sneezing (I had this before I had the hamster), my mum cares about maths alot and knows how bad iam at it and is looking into getting me a private tutor to catch up.

Today she was like ‘if you do bad on the test I’ll kill your hamster’ and when she’s angry she does and says alot of stuff that aren’t very nice at all, iam scared that she will get angry and storm up to my room and kill my hamster that is basically like my best friend now. I don’t think she’s seen the hamster properly and knows how harmless it is, so tomorrow iam planning on showing her. What do you guys think about this? Or if you have any advice please say. I know it’s just a tiny hamster but she means a lot to me like a person owning a dog.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
RSPCA?
Greebo85
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure your mum won’t harm your hamster. As you say when she gets cross and frustrated she says stuff that’s upsetting.
I’m not sure that the hamster is really the issue. You sound like you feel pressured by your mum to do well academically.
Can you talk to her about how you feel?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Wether or not she was joking, that's abusive as **** coming from a mother, it's screwed in the head to say something like that to son/daughter
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wether or not she was joking, that's abusive as **** coming from a mother, it's screwed in the head to say something like that to son/daughter
Agree 100%
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I know this is a little unusual, I did a math test recently and I think I’ve did really bad, I hardly knew the work and I didn’t even complete it. Recently my mum also has discovered I had a hamster, I don’t think she minds that much but ever since she knew she started blaming things on it… like when I kept sneezing (I had this before I had the hamster), my mum cares about maths alot and knows how bad iam at it and is looking into getting me a private tutor to catch up.

Today she was like ‘if you do bad on the test I’ll kill your hamster’ and when she’s angry she does and says alot of stuff that aren’t very nice at all, iam scared that she will get angry and storm up to my room and kill my hamster that is basically like my best friend now. I don’t think she’s seen the hamster properly and knows how harmless it is, so tomorrow iam planning on showing her. What do you guys think about this? Or if you have any advice please say. I know it’s just a tiny hamster but she means a lot to me like a person owning a dog.
Did you just buy a hamster without her knowing? How could she not have seen it before?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anholm)
Did you just buy a hamster without her knowing? How could she not have seen it before?
It was kind of gifted to me, I think she knew I had a pet in the house, just not a hamster.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Greebo85)
I’m sure your mum won’t harm your hamster. As you say when she gets cross and frustrated she says stuff that’s upsetting.
I’m not sure that the hamster is really the issue. You sound like you feel pressured by your mum to do well academically.
Can you talk to her about how you feel?
She wasn’t mad at the time she said it, as it was a warning, but if she finds out the results then she may do something bad.
Iam pressured, all the time, I don’t feel I can talk to her because I know she won’t understand anyway.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Abusive? lmfao
theGeek12
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

First of all, I doubt your mother will actually kill your pet hamster but if it something that is actually bothering you have a conversation with her about it (unless she is genuinely abusive). If she is actually abusive, take steps to protect yourself and your hamster - maybe by talking to a trusted adult in your life. If she is not, then focus on improving your maths grades but make it clear that you do not appreciate the threats.
Last edited by theGeek12; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
She wasn’t mad at the time she said it, as it was a warning, but if she finds out the results then she may do something bad.
Iam pressured, all the time, I don’t feel I can talk to her because I know she won’t understand anyway.
If she goes ahead you'll need to report her to the RSPCA -

Can you show her you are working on your Maths? Maybe try these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

There are also leveled revision work on here: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/
Anonymous #1
(Original post by theGeek12)
First of all, I doubt your mother will actually kill your pet hamster but if it something that is actually bothering you have a conversation with her about it (unless she is genuinely abusive). If she is actually abusive, take steps to protect yourself and your hamster - maybe by talking to a trusted adult in your life. If she is not, then focus on improving your maths grades but make it clear that you do not appreciate the threats.
Thank you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
If she goes ahead you'll need to report her to the RSPCA -

Can you show her you are working on your Maths? Maybe try these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

There are also leveled revision work on here: https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/
Thank you so much 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.14%
October 2021 (226)
44.84%
November 2021 (60)
11.9%
December 2021 (64)
12.7%
January 2021 (60)
11.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.53%