The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
How do I reconcile being a radical feminist and getting a boyfriend?

Join tinder
Original post by Satori Tendō
Can you tell me in what ways it isn't good enough yet?

So are you saying the patriarchy is a spectrum? UK is mild patriarchy, my country is extra hot patriarchy?
In that case there will be no place on earth that's never a patriarch. If there's one area of imbalance between the genders in favour of men, it's still 0.5% patriarchy etc...etc...

With that same note, men die of suicide at higher rates, male mental health isn't taken seriously, divorced men are more likely to have unfair custody of children, less men go to University, higher percentage of young men fall in-between the cracks and enter a life of crime. I can find many ways in which this society is unfair on men.
Does it mean the UK is semi-flavoured misandrist??

Also please never reach absolute equality. That will destroy society. There will always be people who need extra, you can't treat disabled individuals equal to a healthy and fit otherwise they'll risk being discriminated against.
I think you meant balance/fairness/equity

All those are nothing compared to what women have always been going through since the beginning of life. That is what feminists would tell you.
Men have always been the one to have all the cake and eat it too. So now because of those mere things, shall we consider that they actually suffer? Knowing that they have always been the one in control? NO.
For feminists men do not face any unfairness. No they had and always have advantages. While women have been suffering and still do.

I am not sure that feminists are looking for fairness, equality, nope. It has always been men; now it is time for women to have all the power. What they want is to flip the dynamic so that women will be superior to men. This what they want. One of the idea that shocked me was that : they must be a curfew for men from 8 or 10 PM to 6 or 7 Am. Why? Because that way, women can go out at night and enjoy their time without fear. And early in the morning go to work feeling safe since there will be no man outside. After that men can go out.
This how feminists see it. Men are pervert, dirty, sexist, misogynist pigs. They must be caged so that women can have a safe and better life.
I found a sub r/femaledatingstrategies. If you have reddit (or if you do not, just go on Google), go visit it. You will have an idea of what they think about men.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ackhnologia
All those are nothing compared to what women have always been going through since the beginning of life. That is what feminists would tell you.
Men have always been the one to have all the cake and eat it too. So now because of those mere things, shall we consider that they actually suffer? Knowing that they have always been the one in control? NO.
For feminists men do not face any unfairness. No they had and always have advantages. While women have been suffering and still do.

I am not sure that feminists are looking for fairness, equality, nope. It has always been men; now it is time for women to have all the power. What they want is to flip the dynamic so that women will be superior to men. This what they want. One of the idea that shocked me was that : they must be a curfew for men from 8 or 10 PM to 6 or 7 Am. Why? Because that way, women can go out at night and enjoy their time without fear. And early in the morning go to work feeling safe since there will be no man outside. After that men can go out.
This how feminists see it. Men are pervert, dirty, sexist, misogynist pigs. They must be caged so that women can have a safe and better life.
I found a sub r/femaledatingstrategies. If you have reddit (or if you do not, just go on Google), go visit it. You will have an idea of what they think about men.

not all feminists - anyone who wants a matriarchy isn't a feminist and shouldn't declare themselves as such (feminism calls for equality/equity of the sexes) , they're just a misandrist

Be careful about grouping everyone in one category, that's how guys end up hating all women. There are radicals who have a hatred towards the opposite gender on both sides. But they're a minority also. The majority of feminists do not hold these extreme views of curfews, all men are perverts etc...
I know of that subreddit, it's a stupid dump where trolls hang out. Kinda the female equivalent of an incel site, no one takes any of these guys and girls seriously so please don't.

I would say radical feminists are like the female version of incels

For feminists men do not face any unfairness.

I am not sure that feminists are looking for fairness, equality, nope. It has always been men; now it is time for women to have all the power. What they want is to flip the dynamic so that women will be superior to men. This what they want.
This how feminists see it. Men are pervert, dirty, sexist, misogynist pigs. They must be caged so that women can have a safe and better life..

That’s complete rubbish. Feminists advocate for equality not superiority.
Don't bother trying to reconcile it. Just be a logically-inconsistent hypocrite like the vast majority of feminists. :tongue:
Let's be real here, due to the work of women in the past, feminism is a very widespread thing and so is the idea of gender equality (as it should be). Therefore I think you will have a hard time finding a man who does not believe in gender equality and sees you as lesser for being a female. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely men like that, I've personally come across a few. But I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a good man. The problem may come from being a radical feminist on your end. I personally am a woman who is a strong advocate for gender equality but doesn't call myself a feminist or subscribe to the idea of it as I find it tends to be very anti-men nowadays and honestly tends to be a lot of talking and not actually helping women. That's just my opinion so take it as you will.
can't you just be a feminist and not a radical one
Original post by Food!
can't you just be a feminist and not a radical one

I second this. Being radical of anything is ****.
Original post by summerbirdreads
I second this. Being radical of anything is ****.

so true they just too extreme
Let's be real here, due to the work of women in the past, feminism is a very widespread thing and so is the idea of gender equality (as it should be). Therefore I think you will have a hard time finding a man who does not believe in gender equality and sees you as lesser for being a female. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely men like that, I've personally come across a few. But I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a good man. The problem may come from being a radical feminist on your end. I personally am a woman who is a strong advocate for gender equality but doesn't call myself a feminist or subscribe to the idea of it as I find it tends to be very anti-men nowadays and honestly tends to be a lot of talking and not actually helping women. That's just my opinion so take it as you will.

Exactly this.
Original post by Food!
so true they just too extreme

Yeah.. extremism is always off-putting.
Yeah.. extremism is always off-putting.

like who wouldnt agree with this ^
Original post by Food!
like who wouldnt agree with this ^

Extremists and radicals hehe
Extremists and radicals hehe

True true lmao
Original post by Satori Tendō
Be careful about grouping everyone in one category, that's how guys end up hating all women. There are radicals who have a hatred towards the opposite gender on both sides. But they're a minority also. The majority of feminists do not hold these extreme views of curfews, all men are perverts etc...
I know of that subreddit, it's a stupid dump where trolls hang out. Kinda the female equivalent of an incel site, no one takes any of these guys and girls seriously so please don't.

I do not have time to hate; let alone hate women. I know women have been suffering a lot. But the way feminism is used is not the good way.
Yes this is what people love to say. It is a minority, they are trolls.
The whole world said Donald trump would never be president, that he was supported by a minority. What happened? He became president of the United States after Obama. Second time, people said the same thing; he is hated, not a lot of people are with him, only minority. Biden won, but Trump was not far from winning.
Let's continue to believe it is only a minority. One day we will be shocked by reality.
(edited 2 years ago)

Take the radical out of the equation. Nowadays, I doubt that people care too much about feminism.

I mean it depends really on whether a guy who you meet is into all things feminist and supports your views. Personally to get a chance of more dates with guys if i was you i would tonr down the radicalised side of your feminism because most guys will definitely support equality and say yes women and ladies deserve an opportunity to show they're just as good as men and everything. However it depends on the level of radical you're on about. Because I personally believe in equality and diversity. If a person can do a job or task well then they deserve to be where they are but excluding mem altogether i mean i get it i totally do historical context and everything of course I do but to be honest with you excluding mem from everything is a bad idea in my opinion. A lot of guys will respect your views but you shouldn't have to get into long heated arguments with them. Sorry onky my opinion i don't mean to offend or anything i really don't.
I
I do not have time to hate; let alone hate women. I know women have been suffering a lot. But the way feminism is used is not the good way.
Yes this is what people love to say. It is a minority, they are trolls.
The whole world said Donald trump would never be president, that he was supported by a minority. What happened? He became president of the United States after Obama. Second time, people said the same thing; he is hated, not a lot of people are with him, only minority. Biden won, but Trump was not far from winning.
Let's continue to believe it is only a minority. One day we will be shocked by reality.

I mean to be fair you do say minority but we don't know. We can read reports and listen to the media and everything but we just don't know. Because you know the 'wall' idea from trump. I have heard a source stating the wall was already there it was constructed under the presidency of Bill Clinton. Now again we don't know if its true or not true. I am not a supporter of Donald Trump although yoy may think well i make arguments for him but i really don't all I'm doing is questioning everything that we hear and see. Is it a minority for radical feminism? Who knows we can only guess and everything but we shouldn't read too much into everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending