Smallix
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently in Year 9, I have to choose my GCSE's in some time, so I will be glad if you answer and not just leave it.
Should i do PE? Or Computer science?

Computer science- pros-
i like it
my dad is a computer engineer and he taught computer science to a-level students
good for future
cons-
i sometimes find it boring and hard

P.E- pros-
starting to LOVE PE ALL OF A SUDDEN!! <3
i am fairly decent at sports as well
cons-
theory part... biology... a bit hard for me, but can manage ig
all the skinny popular girls are taking it...

What should i dp? Thanks
Lolada
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Think about A-Levels and degree (if you want to take them ofc); if you want to pursue anything related to computer science then you have your answer, as a first year comp sci undergrad I have friends taking engineering courses where they need to code so I reckon it's probably a very useful gcse to take, even if you do not pursue it for a-level, basic coding will help you a ton in many areas.

On the other hand, if you are planning on pursuing anything related to PE then it's self explanatory. And most importantly, have fun, take a look at both specs and think about which one you will enjoy more, you can probably even ask your teachers to let you sit in on a lesson of both subjects so you can see what they are like (though keep in mind that 1 lesson isn't representative of every lesson).

If you do want to eventually go to uni, check what subjects they want for potential courses that you may want to pursue and if your sixth form has any min requirements for taking the respective subjects at a-level.It sucks that you have to choose topics that can affect your future career when you're so young, but I guess that's just one of the many flaws of the education system.
Last edited by Lolada; 1 month ago
Smallix
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lolada)
Think about A-Levels and degree (if you want to take them ofc); if you want to pursue anything related to computer science then you have your answer, as a first year comp sci undergrad I have friends taking engineering courses where they need to code so I reckon it's probably a very useful gcse to take, even if you do not pursue it for a-level, basic coding will help you a ton in many areas.

On the other hand, if you are planning on pursuing anything related to PE then it's self explanatory. And most importantly, have fun, take a look at both specs and think about which one you will enjoy more, you can probably even ask your teachers to let you sit in on a lesson of both subjects so you can see what they are like (though keep in mind that 1 lesson isn't representative of every lesson).

If you do want to eventually go to uni, check what subjects they want for potential courses that you may want to pursue and if your sixth form has any min requirements for taking the respective subjects at a-level.It sucks that you have to choose topics that can affect your future career when you're so young, but I guess that's just one of the many flaws of the education system.
Thank yuo so much for helping me! What gcse, and a-levels did you take?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%