Question to girls

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would you date a guy with centre-right political views?
Mina_Ashido19
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
To be honest, yes, I would. My reasoning is because they'd be more likely to be a better husband compared to a guy who knows nothing about politics in the first place.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Probably no. but if he keeps his political views outside of our relationship and respect my political views, I will do the same.
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I think we would agree on a lot. Disagreements are also healthy. It's human
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I only date guys who support Corbyn
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I only date guys who support Corbyn
I only date girls who don’t support corbyn so we’re even.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
I only date girls who don’t support corbyn so we’re even.
Awwww :grouphugs:
dymphna.
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
definitely!!
Mina_Ashido19
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Awwww :grouphugs:
Agreed!🥰
Ten-Ten
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Imma sound so dumb but I don’t know what that is and I probably wouldn’t ask about his political views in the first place
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm centre left, so I don't think the divide between us would be that enormous that we couldn't compromise.
Fortunately my husband is centre left like me, although I'm just a little more libertarian.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm a guy but I wouldn't. Nor would I date a girl with centre-right views.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't date any guys... but maybe a girl as long as it doesn't effect our relationship.... but I doubt there would be many centre-right girls willing to date me.
jajja
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Going off the last general election/local elections, most ppl in the nation are centre-right, so it can't be that hard
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I have done.
Although it would depend upon the specific individual.
Particularly how politically active they were and whether they had political ambitions.
I have strong Thatcherite leanings and don't date guys with any ambitions for a political career.
purqlerain
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't see why differing political views would be a problem. As long as you guys don't disagree on core fundamental values and are willing to appreciate that someone just sees the world differently from you, then it should be fine IMO. So yes, I'd be willing to date a guy that was centre-right. Even if others aren't, I'm sure you'd be able to find a girl with similar political views to your own who is willing.
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No thanks
Noname0905
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes but my boyfriend and I Butt heads a lot and have a lot of differences on certain topics so I’d say maybe meet your match lol but honestly if you guys are a good couple then the political aspect should be fine.
Kentinho99
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by purqlerain)
I don't see why differing political views would be a problem. As long as you guys don't disagree on core fundamental values and are willing to appreciate that someone just sees the world differently from you, then it should be fine IMO. So yes, I'd be willing to date a guy that was centre-right. Even if others aren't, I'm sure you'd be able to find a girl with similar political views to your own who is willing.
This is great. Again a male perspective. But I couldn't agree with you more. Although this question is for girls however again a male perspective is always a good idea if the male perspective is a positive contribution haha. No but honestly I agree with you 100%
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I reckon it depends how they receive your view. By that I mean they're allowed to disagree with my opinion so long as they respect my views. I will extend that same principle to people so long as they don't constantly or consistently attack my perspective or even try to project their views onto me. There are of course some things which I would struggle to stand by if I really disagreed with them but for the most part it depends on mutual respect and whether the relationship itself can neutralise the disagreements. I can only say this in theory and this may be different in practice. I hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.19%
October 2021 (223)
44.51%
November 2021 (60)
11.98%
December 2021 (64)
12.77%
January 2021 (60)
11.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.58%