Share your favorite music

Watch
Muhammad Mahmoud
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Specifically indie. Have you listened to a very underground band and heard a song you instantly loved by them? Care to share? I'll start, the song is "Monkey Tennis" by Woes.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
hey, ive moved your thread to a more relevant section :yy:
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Never really managed to get into 'indie'. Kind of an ambiguous name though. less agenre, more a process or status in the old days. Not so much any more
kaizagill
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pop music
Rock music
Jazz
Muhammad Mahmoud
Rep:
(Original post by kaizagill)
Pop music
Rock music
Jazz
Ayyy, I love jazz, do you follow specific bands/groups?
Shahrukhkiddan
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pop songs
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Muhammad Mahmoud)
Specifically indie. Have you listened to a very underground band and heard a song you instantly loved by them? Care to share? I'll start, the song is "Monkey Tennis" by Woes.
do you mind describing what indie music is like? I don't really know much about it
Muhammad Mahmoud
Rep:
(Original post by heart2you)
do you mind describing what indie music is like? I don't really know much about it
From my point of view, indie genre encompasses songs that have very low views on the platform they're on, I bring up 'Monkey Tennis' by Woes, as they have low views since they only started in 2015, around 15k views per youtube video, and don't have their own website. After looking at the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_music), they're technically not considered one, since they have a label behind them, but the meaning seems to me to be subjective, so it is what it is.
kaizagill
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Muhammad Mahmoud)
Ayyy, I love jazz, do you follow specific bands/groups?
Yeah of course
I follow The Beatles band
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Shania Twain= complete legend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (35)
22.73%
Note taking apps (4)
2.6%
Flashcards (29)
18.83%
Revision guides (5)
3.25%
Past papers (75)
48.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.9%

Watched Threads