marweetos
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
opinion on history a level along with psychology and business?
is it boring or repetitive and what is like, i’m not sure weather to choose history
marweetos
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
or maybe economics instead of business
en8827
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marweetos)
opinion on history a level along with psychology and business?
is it boring or repetitive and what is like, i’m not sure weather to choose history
i do history psych and econ (+ epq last year).
history is my fav subject out of the three by far, ive always liked history + i wanna do law later. but if history is a subject you only KINDA like dont do it, out of the 15 history students in my year only 3 of them do bad because they just chose it as a filler option. Coursework sucks but other than that its really interesting and not that repetitive.

psychology is a pretty easy A (for me at least) - be prepared though AS level is boring and stupid + not even that psychology related, you'll mostly just be memorising case studies and writing about stuff that seems like commons sense, but it gets way more interesting in y13.

i would recommend choosing econ over business, theres not much distinction between the 2 but econ is more complex + it looks better to unis. If you did business/econ at gcse y12 will be super easy for you, but even without gcse its not that hard (until y13 - micro will kick ur arse )

Good luck!
Last edited by en8827; 1 month ago
Darkness_o
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you don't like history, don't take it. I took history for a-levels and a month in, I dropped it. You have to really like history to do well in it.
marweetos
Rep:
(Original post by en8827)
i do history psych and econ (+ epq last year).
history is my fav subject out of the three by far, ive always liked history + i wanna do law later. but if history is a subject you only KINDA like dont do it, out of the 15 history students in my year only 3 of them do bad because they just chose it as a filler option. Coursework sucks but other than that its really interesting and not that repetitive.

psychology is a pretty easy A (for me at least) - be prepared though AS level is boring and stupid + not even that psychology related, you'll mostly just be memorising case studies and writing about stuff that seems like commons sense, but it gets way more interesting in y13.

i would recommend choosing econ over business, theres not much distinction between the 2 but econ is more complex + it looks better to unis. If you did business/econ at gcse y12 will be super easy for you, but even without gcse its not that hard (until y13 - micro will kick ur arse )

Good luck!
ahhh thank you so so much this really helped, since you’ve taken the same subjects i’m considering taking ; do you think they go well together or is it difficult bc they’re all essay based subjects?
en8827
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marweetos)
ahhh thank you so so much this really helped, since you’ve taken the same subjects i’m considering taking ; do you think they go well together or is it difficult bc they’re all essay based subjects?
they def go well together, most people in my classes are in at least one of my other classes. but it also depends on your strengths, if youre more essay smart than number smart (or creative smart!) youll be fine, if youre more of a mix maybe switch one of them out?
marweetos
Rep:
(Original post by en8827)
they def go well together, most people in my classes are in at least one of my other classes. but it also depends on your strengths, if youre more essay smart than number smart (or creative smart!) youll be fine, if youre more of a mix maybe switch one of them out?
that’s a nice way to look at things, tbh my english grades and higher than my maths so i think i’ll keep with the same choices then. thank youu!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.19%
October 2021 (223)
44.51%
November 2021 (60)
11.98%
December 2021 (64)
12.77%
January 2021 (60)
11.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.58%