A level biology aqa hmk question help pls ty

Watch this thread
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So i did the required practical 3 which is the potato one and i found that at 0.11 M the concentration of sucrose is the same as water potential in potato cell. How to found out the water potential tho? Is there an equation? Ty !! (ik 0.11M is not the correct answer lol)
thomas.rhett
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
There is an equation to find the solute potential given the sucrose concentration but for exam purposes, I "think", stating use a reference table showing relationship between sucrose concentration and water potential is enough.

https://www.njit.edu/precollege/site..._Potential.pdf
Last edited by thomas.rhett; 5 months ago
Donnialy
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by thomas.rhett)
There is an equation to find the solute potential given the sucrose concentration but for exam purposes, I "think", stating use a reference table showing relationship between sucrose concentration and water potential is enough.

https://www.njit.edu/precollege/site..._Potential.pdf
ok thank you, i will use that website
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise