Using Past Papers

Watch this thread
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So I have downloaded the past papers required to revise for my upcoming assessments and I was just wondering if I should print them out or if anyone has anything to suggest that isn't as environmentally unfriendly?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
:bump:
Sodax3123
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
i would invest in a tablet and stylus!

or get an a4 notebook that you show your workings in
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
(Original post by Sodax3123)
i would invest in a tablet and stylus!

or get an a4 notebook that you show your workings in
A tablet and a stylus seems a bit expensive for GCSE...

My only issue with using a notebook is that if I want to give things to my teachers it's a bit more complicated
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
So I have downloaded the past papers required to revise for my upcoming assessments and I was just wondering if I should print them out or if anyone has anything to suggest that isn't as environmentally unfriendly?
If you must print them don't bother with front cover or blank pages and print two pages on one sheet
franksfoot1
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I've always found I prefer them printed. But to save paper I normally do the multiple choice questions 4 pages per sheet and double sided, and the rest 2 pages per sheet and double sided.

For printing them off:
I feel like printing them is the closest thing you'll get to practising the real thing. It allows you to annotate the questions, and get used to the paper layout. Also potentially easier to mark? It is also easier to organise and manage them (eg: in a folder) if they are printed!

Against printing them off:
It could be considered a waste of paper, especially if you are doing them 1 page per sheet, and only single sided. It also probably doesn't make much of a difference, in terms of practise, whether they are printed or not!

Also an added tip of practise questions, I personally find that marking each question after I've done it is most beneficial. I find if you wait until you finish the whole paper to mark, when you do mark them, you feel unattached to the question, and are less likely to take in the feedback. Whereas if you mark after each question, you can use the feedback in upcoming/similar questions.
Last edited by franksfoot1; 6 months ago
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Thank you both!
I will use your tip when not using practice papers for proper revision, I just don't feel that it will identify weak spots in my knowledge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads