Should there be further lockdowns in the UK?

Watch
Poll: Should there be further lockdowns in the UK?
Yes (24)
40%
No (29)
48.33%
Not sure (7)
11.67%
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
With the Omicron variant now poised to begin spreading, the added restrictions announced by the Prime Minister this week and the winter holidays now in the minds of many, questions and rumours are now circulating on whether or not a mass-quarantine effort like in 2020 is once again needed.

What do you think?

Share your thoughts below.

Volunteer Note: Please be alive to TSR's guidelines on misinformation in this thread. Do not post opinions as fact and please provide reputable sources for all claims made.
There will also be no:
- personal arguments between users
- debates about vaccines
happening within this thread. Thank you.

This thread has been merged with a similar thread in order to centralise discussion on this topic.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Whatbis thr actual point of the government. Honestly I mean honestly. After todays announcement the Conservative government just do not exist anymore because the 'opposition' agree with what the government have announced so technically the Conservative party are just the Labour Party with a different name. The UK is heading for yet another lockdown. We have to obey to what the who are saying. I mean we have to learn to live with this thing. Although if we have 10/20 cases we will be in lockdown.

All my predictions. Just a quick one to say good luck to everyone during this tough period. Remember to reach out to people if we are in lockdown and remember during lockdown be with your loved ones. Enjoy the freedom and don't regret anything. I know its only a short time but during the last lockdowns I remember i had regrets so I'm just saying remember to not have any regrets. Sorry to be so dire but I am loosing faith in the world each day upon day.

Again my predictions and if no lockdown happens i will take this all back and i will change my outlook on life.

Peace to all.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
The only way we are gonna combat this new variant is to shut the schools and go into another full lockdown, anyone else agree?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely not. I’m sick and tired of online classes.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Isn't the new variant only in South Africa?
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can we lockdown the use of anonymous to stop making these threads :holmes:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
there are cases here in the UK
Rara345
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The only way we are gonna combat this new variant is to shut the schools and go into another full lockdown, anyone else agree?
No.
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Absolutely not. I’m sick and tired of online classes.
^ I mean I'm not saying public health is less important than education but it is extremely detrimental to many kids, whether it be not having the devices needed for work, teachers not expecting this... Year 13 students having never done exams up to now...
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Confirmed cases in the UK, Belgium, Israel, Hong Kong as well.
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Confirmed cases in the UK, Belgium, Israel, Hong Kong as well.
Oh dear-
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, I don’t agree in the absolute slightest. That would be incredibly detrimental to the vast majority of people. I don’t think I’d cope with it again, along with others.
username5865886
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the uk goverment most likely wont have another lockdown they have lost too much from the other two so they are going to find any way not to
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i doubt the new variant is going to spread much in the UK tbh, there’s only been 2 cases and the households are isolating !!

boris has just announced the return of face masks in shops and public transport which should hopefully help to decrease the high amount of cases, plus the boosters will help retain immunity.

i think another lockdown would be severely damaging to not only the economy and businesses who are already struggling, but also to students mental health. yes no one wants to sit exams but we’d rather have 1 set in may and june than do hundreds of exams to get a teacher assessed grade which is usually unfair anyway as there is extreme variation in the assessment standards, with some schools generously giving away A’s and A*s and others being too harsh.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Can we lockdown the use of anonymous to stop making these threads :holmes:
Can’t you see who the anon’s are tho?
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
We should have a lockdown until covid has been completely eradicated 🤡
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Can’t you see who the anon’s are tho?
:iiam:
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Trust me, you do not want schools to shut down. I've experienced it. It is not fun.
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 month ago
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Oh yes. Wonderful idea!!
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Are you being serious? It's already been established (for a while...) that we will be living with it - same with Spanish Flu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.23%
October 2021 (221)
44.38%
November 2021 (59)
11.85%
December 2021 (64)
12.85%
January 2021 (60)
12.05%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.63%