How to get all 9s in GCSEs?

Watch
mkwvgtfg
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need help for these subjects to get 9s:
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
French AQA
Religious Studies A AQA
Business Edexcel
History Edexcel
Media Studies Eduqas
Gamstar
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think you have to revise
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Walk into the exam and they give you a 5! Write your name and you get an 8, if you can do surname it's a 9

But yes, revise, understand the mark scheme and the specification (keep in mind that for languages they can include words not in the spec)
I122
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
-for both use Mr Salles on Youtube
French AQA
- revise from the textbook and try listening to some french videos
Religious Studies A AQA
-use the textbook
Business Edexcel
-use the textbook
History Edexcel
-use the textbook
Media Studies Eduqas
-use the textbook

For any textbook, use the one specific for your exam board any try any way that works for u to retain the information

Hope this helps
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Walk into the exam and they give you a 5! Write your name and you get an 8, if you can do surname it's a 9

But yes, revise, understand the mark scheme and the specification (keep in mind that for languages they can include words not in the spec)
True. I learnt the spec vocab for Spanish, and in the reading exam there were words I'd never come across before :sigh:
thewannabevegan
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I got a 9 in RS last year!

While knowing the content and key words is important, getting a 9 really comes down to being able to answer the exam questions and write the essays. Something I did which really really helped me was in the lead up to my exams (from about 4 weeks before hand), plan out various essay questions I found on AQA's website and then write it out fully under timed conditions.
I would then go through the mark scheme and mark it myself before showing it to my teacher to see if they agreed with my marking or had any feedback.
It can be a bit of a drag but if done properly basically guarantees a 9 (or at very least an 8)!

Good luck!
Feel free to message me if you want any more tips or advice
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think that making revision material prior to the exam season can be really handy when it comes to that time. Things like flashcards and mind maps can be really helpful at condensing your knowledge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.19%
October 2021 (223)
44.51%
November 2021 (60)
11.98%
December 2021 (64)
12.77%
January 2021 (60)
11.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.58%