How do i get a 9 in gcse history?

Watch this thread
mkwvgtfg
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
i do edexcel
Smallix
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
You can google, and go to revision websites like BBC Bitesize. Also make flashcards, notes, mind-maps, use active recall, teach friends/family/pets/siblings/imaginary people... Plan essays... Coming from a Year 9! Smallix x
edjc123
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
time machine - go back and see what happened duh

jk - learn content in quite a bit of depth, know key terms, dates, people, laws etc. know your exam technique, do practise questions. make sure you learn the right stuff (eg for one of my topics, power and the people, there isnt any 'write an account of x' questions, so its pointless learning every event that happened in the english civil war for example) - to know what you need to know, look at the specification and past papers for what sort of questions you get. and then just do loads of timed practise questions
en8827
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mkwvgtfg)
i do edexcel
here are some tips coming from someone that got a 9 and is getting an A* in alevel -
1 timelines. it seems simple enough but trust me especially for the cold war, it itll do wonders with helping you remember the chronology of all the us presidents and stuff
2. make quizlets/flashcards with key statistics for each unit. edexcel LOVES their a01. if your teacher doesnt teach you key stats go to the 'knowledge quizzes' on historychappy.com
3. practice using key causation/buzzwords in your essays. ie - 'this laid the platform..", "this facilitated..." etc
username5867359
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
hi, i got a 9 at gcse, i did AQA not edexcel but my main advice applies to all - practice the essay writing technique, without having that, you can have all the knowledge in the world but it doesnt mean anything, if you practice this and get it right, you can pretty much achieve top marks on every question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (83)
18.99%
The paper was reasonable (167)
38.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
27%
It was TERRIBLE (69)
15.79%

Watched Threads